(NYC) HO Dinner possibilities January 25 or 27.

We are coming back to NYC to see Once Upon a Mattress at NYCC where we have subscribed to their Encored season. We arrive in NYC January 25 in the morning, and leave Sunday January 28 at 7pm.

We would love to do a group dinner on either Thursday January 25 or Saturday January 27.

Possible themes are:

Sichuan: Chi on 9th and 49th in Manhattan
Alley 41 in Flushing

Greek Seafood: Stamatis in Astoria

Sunday, January 28 we will wander and eat street food. Anyone wanting to join? No agenda, very flexible.

And we are always open to explore. These are places we tried on recent trips where going with a group would make for a much better dining experience.

Let us know.

Sorry to have missed it — jet lag had me.

Hope you enjoyed your visit, look forward to the meal reports!

Very meh meal at Jin Fong UWS and a little ja[anese joint on KLorea Way called kushi kushi yaki. The starters were good so maybe I would give them a chance and build on what we enjoyed, like Tsukune.

Big highlight was a wonderful Nepali meal with @DaveCook on a very low-key and enjoyable food walk from 61st and Roosevelt to LIC. Plus superb Sul Long Tang at old favorite Gameeoak which we last visited in 2009 I think. Great seafood at Chelsea Market at the Lobster Place’s sibling.

Fuller writeups to follow as soon as the kitties let me concentrate.

2 Likes

We are back February 23 thru 26. We have a show on the 23rd evening followed by Saturday and Sunday matinees.

I’m traveling again starting right around then, but I’m sure we will eat together again sometime in 2024 :joy:

Sorry to hear Jing Fong UWS was a miss — I’ve only had dim sum there, and it’s been good every time.

dean, give a shout when your plans firm up, would love to join, weather should be a little warmer, perhaps we can plan a crawl of some sort.

best,