NY/CT/LI Restaurant News, Openings and Closings - SPRING AND SUMMER EDITION

Yes, it is quite challenging!!! We’ll go maybe every six months to get our fix but it takes that long to recover from the trauma of parking! :wink:

1 Like

well I’m pretty sure that is what they told me when i asked,perhaps they did a soft opening friday and then opened monday,either way they are definitely open now. I do know that when i asked the girl at the front desk how business had been,she told me that it was her first day (wednesday).

1 Like

Stillmeadow Gourmet, Bronxville has closed. It had a brief run at the same spot that previously housed Scarborough Fair, up the street from Scalini…

The group behind upscale Wuji Chinese has closed two of their restaurants in Scarsdale Village and Rye. There is still a Wuji operating on Greenwich Ave., Greenwich…

Didn’t you post this already ?

Sorry … my mistake … it was your similar post on CH

Stopped by the other day for takeout. The interior is very upscale and classy as is the staff. The menu can be found on Yelp. This is not your typical Chinese American restaurant. There are a few familiar dishes. The menu indicates the spicy level and there are many spicy dishes. They have a lunch menu for $10 - $13 which includes soup and a selection of entrees.

I ordered 2 appetizers and one entree - Sichuan Pickled Cabbage, Sichuan Wontons and Shredded Duck in Sweet Bean Sauce. The appetizers were VERY spicy even though the level of spiciness was marked with one hot pepper icon. The duck entree was outstanding. It consisted of duck slices in a semisweet sauce (not hoisin) with 4 steamed buns, shredded cucumber and scallions. Kind of a cross between Duck Baos and Peking Duck. It was one of the best tasting dishes I’ve eaten. I will have to control myself from ordering it again before I try some of their other dishes. Most appetizers were $10 or less; spareribs were $12. Entree prices ranged from the mid teens to the 20’s. Chef specials and signature dishes in the 30’s and 40’s. Peking Duck $34 - $64.

So glad to have O Mandarin in the neighborhood!

1 Like

The village social thread reminded me… Is there any word on the replacement for Iron Horse in pleasantville? Word was the Village Social team took it over.

Yes, VS team did take it over and I can’t find anything about it and I don’t know what they are calling it. They have also taken over the Via Vanti location at the Mt. Kisco train station for another Locali but that won’t open until 2018.

1 Like

A fellow HO just pointed this bit of info out to me - Michael White out at Campagna? The restaurant has a new name and a new menu. Anyone have any info?

http://www.campagna-bedford.com/

Green Cube, a café and bakery, has opened in Rye near the corner of Purdy Ave. & Purchase St. Walked in for a sampling of their gelato. The menu offers smoothies, crepes, soups. sandwiches, salads, fresh baked goods. They appeared to be completing installations in the shop. There are a few tables…

Hmm, very interesting re Campagna!

No idea what happened there.

Just found out that the new name of the Iron Horse is Pub Street . Should be opening. Soon but no other word.

Thanks. I will be keeping an eye on this one. I was at the pleasantville farmers market today and meant to poke my head around the corner at the restaurant and forgot. Please keep me posted if you hear anything!

ETA: http://www.pubstreet.com

One of the busiest eateries in Port Chester, Pollo a la Brasa Misti Restaurant on N. Main St., known for their reasonably-priced Latin/Peruvian food and those Rotisserie Chickens with rice, will be opening Misti Café in a vintage building across the street. The windows are covered with paper right now, but the sign is up…

Should be soon!!

Salsa Piccante, a Mexican restaurant in Port Chester, is expanding. They are on Adee St., just off N. Main. Friends say it is one of the better south-of-the-border options in the area…

1 Like

Same owners as Baldanza in New Canaan. Super people and great lovers of food. They will make it excellent.

Thanks! Any idea what happened there? Strange that there is no info.