Nutmeg coming to Tuckahoe...

Details are sketchy, but a new storefront called Nutmeg is in the works on Main Street in Tuckahoe. It is the same lady behind ‘What’s For Dessert!’ at local farmer’s markets including Bronxville. I am told she will be selling her baked goods, of course, along with coffee and a light menu. The site was formerly Mambo 64…

I don’t go to the Tuckahoe FM because I am not a fan of Westchester Farms, however
I will try to stop by on Sunday to check this vendor out.

I walked by the empty storefront you are referring to earlier this week
and thought about the decent location and the fact that it has been empty so long…
I am a bit surprised as to what is going into the space because there will now be three options for coffee in our small village. I am not complaining … although I am a Starbucks as opposed to diner or DD’s type of coffee person, I do not like the atmosphere at the Depot square Starbucks nor am I a fan of the strange little place further up on Main Street. I am really looking forward to this opening…Have you had anything from this vendor? Thank you for posting this thread…I love that an out of Towner is more in the know than the locals.

You are most likely to find her at the Bronxville Farmer’s Market on Saturdays. She makes a good product and I was told she is excited to finally consolidate her baking and cooking in one storefront. From what I remember, that space had a fair sized kitchen…
I am also not a fan of the Tuckahoe Farmer’s Market.

Re: Tuckahoe FM Thanks for the validation… kills me to see people spending money there, what a waste
On a brighter note…I found this on What’s for Dessert’s FB pg
“Had a great day at the Bronxville Farmers Market today! Sold Apple Pies, Mocha, Carrot Cake, and Red Velvet Cake Cupcakes and Cakes, Apricot Ginger Scones, assorted scones, tangarine bread, spicy glazed nuts, baklava, fudge, sugar cookies, and pecan walnut, coconut lime, and rosemary olive oil shortbread cookies. Cant wait to go back next week!”
Yay… this looks really promising…thanks again

Good to see you Gutreactions. I’m envious - you seem to know a lot about a lot of places in the area!

Was greeted with a lot of smiles and display cases filled with great looking cakes and pastries. According to Cindy, the owner, Nutmeg is now officially open…

Cindy has really warmed up this spot over the past few months. Nutmeg has gone 7 days a week now and offers fresh made soups and salads to go along with her daily display of cakes, pies and pastries. The coffee service is great, too. They use a coffee producer out of Brooklyn called: Joe. A very flavorful artisanal brand…

Picked up a small Chocolate Cream Pie for a my SO’s Birthday last week. It was hard to choose between the Banana Cream and Coconut Cream, they all looked so good. Well, at the last minute the staff was kind enough to devise a birthday wish on the cake in the form of a white chocolate plaque with dark chocolate frosting. And, wow, was it decadently rich and smooth…