Nut free bakeries in Westchester?

I have a family member with a serious peanut allergy. Does anyone know of any bakeries that are nut free? I’d like to get something nice for an occasion and though I’m a pretty capable home baker my kitchen is definitely not peanut free.
Thanks!

Heisler’s Bakery on North Ave., near the corner of Quaker Ridge Road, New Rochelle is nut free…

2 Likes

Good to know - my home is definitely not peanut-free either. How careful does one need to be with this sort of thing? It wouldn’t have occurred to me that there would be a problem as long as I was using clean bowls/utensils/baking pans and didn’t have peanuts out while I was prepping the batter or whatever. I actually have a nut-allergic guest coming to my place for Easter so now I’m wondering if I need to take further precautions.

It depends on the severity of their allergy.

1 Like

I only know two people with a nut allergy. The one I’m referring to has an extremely serious allergy and I wouldn’t want to take a chance. I know another person with an allergy who has no issue eating anything made in my nut-full kitchen. Depends I guess.