North Tavern, Wading River, NY

Has anyone been to North Tavern? It’s on the pond in Wading River, a location that has not had great success for some reason.
The last two times I was there (different restaurants) I had decent meals but noticed it was a very noisy room. Has it changed?
Hoping for a review before I head there for dinner.
Each and every time I post on H.O. I wonder why Long Island does not have it’s own section. Westchester, Upstate and CT, REALLY. What’s the logic?

I tend to agree - I love our Long Island folks but I am WAY more likely to go to CT, Upstate or even New Jersey than Long Island now that I live in Westchester. Conversely, I spent a lot of time on Long Island when I lived in Queens - maybe a rethink of several of these board delineations is in order!

1 Like

Yes, same here. I used to go to LI often when I lived in Queens. We did suggest splitting LI out when HO first started and we told that when we get more participation from LI we can split it out. Also think far upstate NY has nothing to do with this area. They are all together on CH as well, except for CT.

Perhaps there will be more participation if the category was Long Island specific. “If you build it, they will come.”
Sadly enough, there is very little participation in either of the areas I frequent. NYC and NYCT. How can there be so few posts about NYC?
Who’s idea was it to start this site and why?

I haven’t been to North Tavern myself yet, but I was in a doctor’s waiting room earlier and a conversation on restaurants started spontaneously. One patient said that there are so many great new restaurants, and North Tavern is one that he mentioned. He said it was like Phil’s but a few steps above, very comfortable. He’s already gone a few times. We will now be waiting on your review.

On top of that, the receptionist told me that Oceans 5 is still right where it always was in Shoreham, and despite rumors to the contrary, nothing has changed but the name. But the new name is now “Eat and Drink”, while their fish store moved down the way and is separate. Good to know, I thought they were gone forever from what I had heard. Great place for lunch, with very reasonable prices.

1 Like