North End Tavern coming to New Rochelle...

I thought I was not seeing right, but as I was driving up North Ave. towards Quaker Ridge I see a sign above papered windows: North End Tavern. On the same strip with Heisler’s nut free Bakery. The demographic seems out of place but the sign was there…

WYKAGYL-
fuggeddaboutit
North end of NR will not support such a business and the parking on North ave (?) ppl.will not use the rear lot and walk ALL THE WAY to North Ave. Perhaps this is where all the nuts went!

I ate at North End Tavern last night and the food was great! parking was not an issue since they have an entrance in the back, I would definitely recommend.

Should be officially opening this weekend, I was told…and there are entrances in the front and rear. Eclectic menu offers Poutine, Quinoa Salad, Chicken Pot Pie, Cuban Sandwiches, Burgers…

Stopped in during their happy hours and had a couple of beers and a decadent French Dip Sandwich with fries. Good all around! This tavern/sports bar has been doing well since its opening. I guess it filled a void in this neighborhood after all. There is a partnership here, and I found out that one of the new shareholders is Joe Napoletano who also operates Posto 22 downtown, Gemelli Pizzeria, and his new Westchester Taco Grill, both near IONA College…

“Food is a pretty good prism through which to view humanity.”

― Jonathan Gold