NOLA - Galatoire's, Friday Lunch, 4/1/2016

“Friday Lunch” is a definite “thing” in New Orleans, and seemingly every restaurant in the Crescent City – including those normally open only for dinner! – puts on a Friday Lunch. But no place is more famous for Friday Lunch than Galatoire’s. It’s not just lunch, it’s an adventure, and if we’re in New Orleans on a Friday, believe me we’re having lunch at Galatoire’s!

Now, I’ll ‘fess up: even though we live in California, we are known as something akin to being “regulars” here, and so we are always warmly greeted by the Maître d’ and several of the waitstaff; we have “our usual” waiter – who automatically brings a Bloody Mary (“with lots of merchandise”) for Lynn and a Sazerac for me to start the meal – before our meal begins. We never look a menu¹, but just have our waiter bring “what’s good” and the food begins to arrive . . . (“Sorry, no soft shells today.”)

Appetizers included the Soufflé Potatoes, Crabmeat Maison, Shrimp Remoulade, Oysters en Brochette, and more . . . while the entrées were Crabmeat Ravigote, Shrimp Etouffée, Black Drum in a Lemon Caper Beurre Blanc, and Red Snapper Meuniére Amandine.

ALWAYS a great meal . . . and a great show!

¹ OK, to be fair, I think we’ve seen a menu twice in the dozen or so times we’ve been to Galatoire’s.