NJ storm cuisine 1/4/18

@JoeBabbitt how did you make such perfect poached eggs?

Eh - I’m embarrassed. I cheat - I use one of those egg poaching pans with the little cups in it. I can & sometimes do them in water with vinegar but you know - this is just simple. A tip though - put a bit of butter in the cups to melt before you put the eggs in. The cups are non-stick but the butter adds a delicious flavor.

5 Likes

I have one of those and I don’t consider it cheating!

2 Likes

Oh, cool, I’ll have to look for one of those! I love poached eggs but have given up on doing them in a pot and now do them in the microwave. Problem is, every time I think I’ve perfected the time it takes I have one explode all the microwave and much cursing and gnashing of teeth ensues.

2 Likes

[Taken with my tablet–the colors seem a bit washed out.]

2 Likes

Well it still looks tasty :slight_smile:

I’ve been binging on Chinese food and these Nepalese dumplings a friend of a friend made. It’s been all Asian this cold weekend and I’ll continue the trend today I think, as I have lots of leftovers.

Some momo dumplings I’ve been snacking on

7 Likes

Hi all,
Just got back to NJ, long airport headaches out of LAX to EWR but expecting artic blasts, we stopped for roasted chickens, lots of bread, butter and vegetables, a few clamshell containers of blackberries and vino.

Have two pots of soup going now; chicken and beef veg.

All of your meals look great! Happy New Year.

Stay warm!
D

3 Likes

Drool! I need me some momo…

1 Like

The soup of the peas! About another 30mins simmering and she’s ready!

5 Likes

I love this soup, it looks so good!!!
My grandmother made it when I was a kid,
haven’t had it since!!!
Made hers with smoked turkey leg, I see ham in yours … yum!

1 Like

I got mine on the clearance rack at Macy’s years ago. $9? I think.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised to find one at Kohl’s either.