NJ ripoffs. This could get ugly....

Yeah, a little sarcastic, but a little based on what is being practiced in San Francisco because water is highly conserved. Restaurants will not give out water unless you ask for – preventing wasting water.

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2015/03/18/california-makes-it-illegal-for-restaurants-to-serve-water-unless-ask.html

1 Like

Ah, interesting, I hadn’t heard of this. You know, water service at restaurants is a funny thing. You never notice when they are doing a proper job keeping you topped off, but there are scenarios where they never get you your water, and, somehow, even more annoying, is when they refill you after you’ve taken like 2 sips of the water.

But either way I guess if you want to save the environment it’s still better to have tap water than bottles.

Finally, from one of your links…

Johannes Restaurant in Palm Springs will no longer serve free water. Not even tap water. Customer will have the option of paying $1 for Waiwera water, a bottled water from New Zealand.

That might be the most preposterous thing I have ever read in my life.

2 Likes

There’s a difference between not giving out water unless you’re asked, and not giving out water even when you’re asked.

My main complaint about Los Corrales in Hazlet is that they won’t give out tap water and don’t always have diet soda.

1 Like

Ha ha ha. So you must drink sugar.

Yeah… that does sound like someone trying to “ride” on and find an excuse to sell you something expensive. It is like they have an excuse to not serve you water now.

1 Like

That was a big drought a few years ago, a lot of fields had to be allowed to go fallow due to lack of water, and reservoirs were very low. The restaurant issue was to save the water used for cleaning the glassware, rather than what’s in the actual glass.

But no restaurant I’ve ever visited in California has ever refused to give you water if you simply ask. NJ wins with that craziness. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Our water system in the valley emanates from a spring. Quite enjoyable water for the most part
And nobody charges.
:smiley:

1 Like

Trenton tomato pies, I mean. I am a De Lorenzo Tomato Pie fan.

I just read this article: “Nearby Philadelphia has its own dish called tomato pie, which is not to be confused with its neighbor in New Jersey. Philly tomato pie is thick and rectangular, like a dense focaccia topped with crushed tomato and no cheese. It’s served at room temperature from the counters of local bakeries. Trenton tomato pie, on the other hand, is more recognizable as a Neapolitan pizza derivation. It’s round and lightly topped with mozzarella and tomatoes”

1 Like

Fine for some people, not so great for diabetics.

1 Like

BYOW - If I really liked the restaurant I would just bring my own water and be done with it.

1 Like

I would just bring what you want. I bring beer into places like north of the border and no one ever says anything. They have signs up in English and spanish too but I’m a rebel dottie, a loner. Name that quote!

2 Likes

Pee Wee!!!

2 Likes

Exactly, you can’t be shy about these kind of things. If they ever give you grief about it at North of the Boarder make sure to tell them Large Marge sent you.

3 Likes

We haaaaave a winner! Ding ding ding

That’s where Large Marge is from too, for those who were wondering… :wink:

2 Likes

I seem to have the same
Problem with their mushroom and onion side for a burger!!!

Take that old-you-know-who taco snob !

1 Like

The link is broken for me, but I can see in the URL something about Taco Bell being America’s favorite Mexican restaurant?

My body is ready to have the same reaction had I eaten at Taco Bell.

I like Taco Bell’s bean burrito with hot sauce, but I wouldn’t call it Mexican.

Si !

And this little guy is one of Mexicos favorite cartoons:

tacobell

The hair of the dog taco is a new breakfast item.

2 Likes