NJ Restaurant Celebrity Sightings......................

Hmm. My Bruce meeting didn’t involve food…

But I was at Jimmy’s for a HOdown a week after Sir Paul was in there and we had his waitress (she said he was LOVELY)…does that count??

2 Likes

Sorry for crashing the New Jersey board again from Houston, but…

I was in NFL Hall of Fame QB Warren Moon’s bedroom.

While working a part time job at a stereo store I loaded a bunch of a/v equipment into George Foreman’s car for his church after his first “retirement.”

I’ve met numerous other pro athletes from my retail days, such as Hall of Famer Jeff Bagwell, Roger Clemens, Lance Berkman, plus…

3 Likes

(I have to make a couple corrections to your contribution to make it more on subject.

Sorry for crashing the New Jersey board again from Houston, but…

I was in NFL Hall of Fame QB Warren Moon’s bedroom, I had a BLT with delicious tomatoes he grew in his garden.

While working a part time job at a stereo store I loaded a bunch of a/v equipment into George Foreman’s car for his church after his first “retirement”, he was with his kids and invited me to lunch. You should have seen the hilarity when they called 8 different Georges to the window to pick up their food.

I’ve met numerous other pro athletes from my retail days, such as Hall of Famer Jeff Bagwell who would have thunk he actually likes warm tuna fish dry with no mayo. , Roger Clemens “The Rocket” is actually quite the fan of Johnny Rocket’s burgers. Lance Berkman, who has a bit of a gerkin pickle fondness. He insisted I call him Berkman the Gerkin., plus…

(there that’s better)

2 Likes

Awesome. This is why EVERYBODY, pardon the shouting, loves you and or at least moderately likes you.

More on topic, I’m about to reheat some pizza from Antonio’s in SW Houston. He’s from New England via Italy and I’ve been enjoying his pies for over 30 years.

I consider him a local celebrity and you should witness a knockdown drag out between him and his two daughters all in Italian as I was lucky enough to enjoy.

2 Likes

Impossible. Tomatoes are done by early June down here and it was Halloween night when I was there.

I built a piece of furniture in his foyer and answered the door for numerous twik or tweeters.

Imagine the let down when the little monsters thought the great Warren Moon was going to hand out candy but instead was greeted by a goofy but good looking non quarterback.

1 Like

Big Joe ate at WYB frequently.

I ate at Angelicas one night and some backstreet boy was there. My ex recognized him. There was a black ferrari out front. I thought it might have been his.

1 Like

Ohhhhh that reminds me I are at The Greek Spot and Mike The Situation was there!

1 Like

I’d much rather see J Woww!

1 Like

I am so out of touch–I haven’t even heard of any of these celebrities (except for Pussy from “The Sopranos”).

1 Like

What about Sebastian? Lol

http://www.stoneponyonline.com/events/sebastian-bach/

Same here!

I always thought you have the swerve and moxy of the late Anthony Bourdain from your posts . Celebrity status. Cheers

1 Like

dammit. I’m still mad he 86’ed on us way too soon. The world needed his voice. :disappointed:

2 Likes

I’ve had the privilege of dining with Bob on a few occasions. He is truly a food connoisseur, a great guy and a huge part of this community. We are lucky to have him here and hopefully we will get out again sometime soon. We just shouldn’t go out for a giants game lol.

4 Likes

Hahahaha!!! Ho’down at the Stone Pony!!! I will have to bring Virgil the bartender from The Lincroft Inn he threatened to shoot the night he was arrested there!!!

You are too kind, thank you. Sincerely I am humbled by your sentiments. It’s been my pleasure getting to know you (in person) and others here. It’s a wonderful world we live in and I would love to see more people pay attention to things that bring us together like food, than those that drive us a part like politics.

See you at Outback soon Cj!! (based on the NJ Shrimp thread) Ate at Char tonight, details tomorrow!!

2 Likes

David Byrne is the Talking Heads guy. The Bon Jovi keyboardist is David Rashbaum and goes by David Bryan. I know JBJ himself has been sited at Barnacle Bills.

1 Like

I am 99% sure I stepped on Brian Setzer’s foot, but that was in Coconut Grove, Florida, anyway.

Although I’m really intrigued by David Byrne playing in a piano :musical_keyboard: bar…

1 Like