NJ HO Grocery Delivery Co-Op

This was just a thought I had this morning while scheduling an Instacart delivery for Thursday as that is the soonest available slot. I am also not sure if anyone would be interested or how acceptable this would be considering social distancing protocols but if someone had a delivery time scheduled and someone needed a few items would you allow them to piggy back on your order? My thought is reimbursement could be made electronically via Venmo or some other electronic method and people could meet somewhere in public if you didn’t want people to know where you live.

2 Likes

Funny. I was thinking about something similar the other day. I went to Popeyes to grab some sandwiches for the family and I thought that I should’ve texted some friends to see if they wanted some. It would be easy to drop them off and leave them. I wasn’t even thinking about the money and even thought we could just trade pick-up and drop-offs.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t worry about concerns with payment or social distancing or the logistics of distributing the groceries. I’d be very concerned that people would judge me because of my order of 27 different varieties of cookies.

Oh…and some milk.

6 Likes

I assume skim milk.

3 Likes

Of course skim milk, that way I can have more cookies. :grin:

3 Likes

Lol.

That’s why they call it a BALANCED diet.

3 Likes

It sounds like a good idea I guess. The delivery times are just kind of all over the place now. My March 15th pantry order, which was an order of all stocked items at the time, arrived 20 minutes ago.

Do you want an angry @BossaNova showing up at your house with some corona munchies, and then you have to break the news that his cookies won’t be arriving for another 12 days? :joy:

2 Likes