NJ Food News

Spring Lake glitteratti!!! Perfect description!!!

2 Likes

I messaged them to ask about delivery since their web site lists northern towns. They said that they are take out only right now. Their web site says they are open every day except Sunday…but, is that for the Spring Lake location?

1 Like

:woman_shrugging: :woman_shrugging: :woman_shrugging:

This is what I’m saying. As potential customers, it seems like a lot of work for us to figure out their business.

3 Likes

Ding, ding, ding!!! You are soooo right!

1 Like

I just checked with the owner, she is currently open up north but will be in Spring Lake beginning June 1. It is takeout only, not a fully staffed sit-down restaurant, as her business is run out of a commercial kitchen.

Thanks for the details!

Anytime!

Since this is indeed news, I’m just gonna put this here…
PROOF THAT @gcaggiano EXISTS!

3 Likes

Nope, that is not a cardboard cutout! Flattered that meeting me counts as news!

Lovely meeting you and @MsBean, and thank you for coming. For those that do not have Instagram, I did a multi-location event last night: a lecture on the history of liquor at the Oceanic Library followed by an after-party at nearby Murphy’s Tavern, both in Rumson. We have teamed up on events before, but usually private or fundraisers. This was open to the public and I think it went well and everyone had a good time.

A mini mini HOdown!

14 Likes

Too funny!! You almost had another guest, I thought about swinging by with my son on our way home from Surf BBQ. I asked him if he had time for a detour but unfortunately, he had to get back, but I was right around the block! Hope the event was a success, congratulations! (@CurlzNJ & @MsBean looking lovely as always ladies!!!)

4 Likes

Speaking for me and The Sprout - we had a great time last night with you, Justin and @CurlzNJ. I highly encourage other HOs to check out your talks. I am already adding some to my calendar.

7 Likes

Thank you so much!

Most of the upcoming ones are virtual (most libraries in Monmouth County are still hesitant to go in-person).

4 Likes

And also as it happens, I am going to be working on a History of Food for Brookdale, either later this year or early next.

5 Likes

So I gotta ask; does it start with the Apple from Adam and Eve?

2 Likes

I’ll probably start with the Cavemen/Neanderthals and then we bounce around throughout history: food from the Bible, Medieval feasts, the real first Thanksgiving, the Earl of Sandwich, the last dinner on the Titanic. Probably famous chefs, such as Escoffier and their influence, and of course cultural influences and similarities such as almost every culture/civilization having a kind of dumpling. Stuff like that.

2 Likes

Yea that’s all good & well hopefully you will give a tip of the cap to Nathan Handwerker! Lol

How long do you spend on Zhangs grill?

2 Likes

Fun! I love Murphs!!

2 Likes

I could do an entire lecture on them alone!

2 Likes

I wonder what happened with Chofi opening in Monmouth Beach. As of today, the location shows no signs of activity or information. The website has no mention either.