NJ Food News

I went to the train station in Asbury this evening to get tested. They do free testing there every couple of weeks. Normally I show up toward the end and walk right in. I showed up 15 minutes before they were scheduled to be done and they had already packed up. They had 200 tests and ran out

1 Like

That’s interesting. I understand that they had to close in October. I am assuming this is a second wave rather than a prolonged first bout. It’s a tough place to be in.

1 Like

I hope you’re feeling better soon.

3 Likes

I second that.

2 Likes

Ugh! If it makes you feel any better, one of my extraordinarily careful friends was sick for two weeks, but it wasn’t Covid (2 negative tests). Once he finally went to a doctor and they put him on antibiotics, he was feeling better a few days later. So it sounds weird, but I hope you have something else! Holler if you need a delivery of anything. Nicholas Creamery? :blush:

2 Likes

Woke up feeling right as rain today! I think sleep was all I needed! Thanks for the well wishes you and @CurlzNJ :heart:

4 Likes

The best news I’ve heard in a while. I’m glad you’re feeling better. Ice cream may still be necessary though, right @CurlzNJ?

3 Likes

Definitely couldn’t HURT…

1 Like

just did takeout from a local spot that would be using a very liberal definition of 25% capacity to be compliant (talking basement and maybe parking lot in those figures). we’re doomed.

5 Likes

Wowsa! Hopefully they can retain the quality, because it was always a great diner.

Darn! The article is behind a paywall.

Really? Wonder how I read it yesterday. Hmmm. It’s all about the MEGA expansion of Top’s in East Newark.

Well, Patch.com has an article on top local businesses (for each town they cover), and Matawan/Aberdeen includes several restaurants, led by … Shanghai Bun!

https://patch.com/new-jersey/matawan-aberdeen/locals-rave-these-matawan-aberdeen-businesses

Great to see it getting some love!

3 Likes
1 Like

Collab at Una tomorrow if anyone is interested. Porchetta pizza and meatball parm pizza. NOt sure if the links will display here…

3 Likes
3 Likes

Below is a link to a post I made in the Costco section for those that are interested. Costco is having their annual Christmas D’Artagnan sale. It’s a great deal; $200 worth of food for $125.

4 Likes

I don’t know if this is officially news, but hey–we’re all bored and it’s something new. :slight_smile: **

4 Likes
2 Likes

"Viana loves these cultural homestyle dishes himself, so much so that he hopes to open a Portuguese restaurant this year, reflective of his own heritage. " (As in, David Viana of Heirloom Kitchen.)

FINGERS CROSSED IT’S IN THIS AREA.

6 Likes