NJ Food News

My best gas to that question would be yes. Any place where you can have DoorDash or GrubHub delivery! And I don’t know if freehold would be out of that area or not… I think you have to just get on their website in order to find out.

You could call them to get answers to any questions you have. There’s a phone number on the website.

1 Like

They won’t deliver to Middletown…:slightly_frowning_face:.

I tried putting in my address (Manasquan) into their website ordering function but was told it is outside their delivery area. Then I tried their address and was able to proceed to order but couldn’t as they are closed. Your coffee shop idea might actually work. I recommend Booskerdoo on Memorial Parkway.

1 Like

We went to Samaha’s today, mostly because the weather was so beautiful. They have a huge selection, and everything looked nice, but I would not call it a “farm stand”. To me, a farm stand sells produce, dairy, meat, etc., grown on the farm where it is located. Samaha’s has produce from California, and even the Jersey items are way more than could be grown on a local farm.

It may be a wonderful produce store. I just wish they wouldn’t call it a farm stand.

(Spinelli’s is a farm stand, e.g., he can show you the trees that grew the peaches.)

Samaha’s was a surprise for me too the first time I went because of the name, but I relied on it living only 5 min away before. I’ll be there tomorrow too. My mom has an enormous garden so I only used to go to Samaha’s to fill the gaps between trips. Usually I would go to my parents farm once a week and pick veggies from the rows. This year has been several major blows so the garden is just a fraction of what is was but hopefully next year everyone can find a rebound in a way. Even though samaha’s isn’t all from their land, the don’t disguise it. They reacted and rebounded quickly last year with the drive in (amazing). The produce they do produce is very tasty and fresh.

1 Like
7 Likes

Cool article, thanks for sharing!!

3 Likes

I read that article too. I think I ate at more of the restaurants the chefs eat at than theirs. Not sure what that says about me though.

3 Likes

Calling Dr Freud, Calling Dr. Freud……

1 Like

Just stumbled upon an article in the APP from a few weeks ago with details about the former S(backwards k)ratch Kitchen/Redemption/Trinity and the Pope space in AP; I’ve seen the sign for Killer Pies in the window and voiced my disdain for yet another pizza place coming to town. Turns out this will be different from the many other places we have that are doing Neapolitan-style pizza - NY style by the slice. Soft drink program (NOT a typo) from the crew at Barrio/Reyla/Laylow (I’m a huge fan), and spumoni from the team at Lola’s.
I do love the idea of a collaboration by folks around town, but I’ll also be curious to see if this really works. It’s a large space, and since it’s off of Cookman, I’ll cross my fingers for them that people will wander that extra block to find them.

1 Like

Is that the old bank building on the corner? It seems to me it’s a cursed location if so. The format as described sounds like it would need a liquor license to have a real shot at making it.

1 Like

They are only in part of the building, the rest of building will be office space. All the prior places tried using the entire space which was a mistake, along with concepts

1 Like

Thanks for additional info. I didn’t realize that. Best of luck to them.

1 Like

Looks like today was day 2 for them, and they’ve sold out of everything twice… Here’s their site:
https://www.eatpancho.com (Hint: click on the composition notebook to see it…cute gimmick, but it took me a few to figure that out.)

3 Likes

13 posts were merged into an existing topic: International Bites Ocean NJ

Just saw this on Instagram, I just had to share with you HOs! :rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Show me the butter then I will let you know

2 Likes

True

I’m following Pancho on IG and everything looks good and they keep selling out, so they obviously have an audience already… anyone been?

From a recent APP article:

Pancho, serving lunch and dinner, opened Aug. 10 on Prospect Avenue in Little Silver. It is not the first restaurant for its owners: Andrew Datre owns Gianni’s Pizzeria and Lupo Pizzeria, which together have seven locations in Monmouth County, and Almost Home General in Middletown. Robert Doran is co-owner of Almost Home.

Chef Alex Riley, who leads the kitchen at Pancho and Almost Home, created a menu that revolves around a handful of proteins – pulled beef (birria), citrus-marinated chicken (mojo pollo), pulled pork (carnitas) and blackened fish (pescado) – that can be tucked into tacos, burritos and quesadillas or piled on nachos ($4.95 to around $20).

3 Likes