NJ Chicken Cutlets

With all noise about the latest sports phenomenon Tommy De Vito NY Giants QB and his momma’s chicken cutlets I’m curious about what the group thinks are the best chicken cutlets in NJ. If it’s yours how do you prepare them? Pounded thin, plump, deep fried or baked.?

2 Likes

I’m not a regular eater of chicken cutlets, nor do I even cook them but it seems @gcaggiano does both quite often. I bet he has some thoughts to share.

1 Like

I don’t think mine are the best… but I do like Jaime Oliver’s crispy garlic chicken recipe.
I don’t pound these chicken breasts super thin, but I do thin them a bit. Then dust with flour, into an egg wash and coat them with breadcrumbs (that I’ve added garlic powder & cayenne pepper to)
With a little vegetable oil in my cast iron skillet, I brown one side, flip them and finish in the oven.

9 Likes

I was going to suggest him too!! #GreatMinds

2 Likes

Looks & sound great

1 Like

Thanks… This is my dedicated “chicken breast thinning” tool. (LOL)

2 Likes

From this weekends loss:

I LOVE chicken cutlets and while everything is subjective I do like mine a lot. The reason is no “secret” but I like to make my own breadcrumbs. By using different breads you can create excellent flavor profiles for “plain old cutlets”.

I pan fry mine in enough olive oil to coat the pan with enough oil for the cutlets to soak up some of it in the frying process.

I used grated Parmesan - Sliced Mozzarella- sliced provolone and some hot peppers for mine.
Unfortunately the sandwich was the highlight of this weeks Giants game.

12 Likes

Still waiting for the window pickup on game days @NotJrvedivici Can place my order night before.
Best to be consumed prior to game these days with the g-men though

3 Likes

Locally the recently departed big mikes had great chicken cutlets.
Old glory, Patricia’s, and Patrizias all make nice thin crispy chicken Milanese. Tavolo pronto also does good ones too but a cut below those three.
Would love to hear other places to check out.

1 Like

Old Glory is the only one of the above I have tried and concur it’s very good. I don’t like mine pounded too thin, then it’s more like veal. I prefer mine to be pounded evenly but not paper thin where the chicken starts to tear.

1 Like

Thanks for the tutorial and yes your cutlets were the only highlight other than Cowboys getting crushed.

2 Likes