NH Coast

Reminder: please include [State, City, Neighborhood] in your post title above.
We left the North Shore Saturday (92 degrees) around 3:00 to find a cooler place for dinner and a stroll.

Traffic was heavy on Rt 495 and 95, we got off right after the Hampton tolls and made our way to B&G Boathouse.

We sat on the back deck under the awnings (no wait at 4:00pm) and watched the tide come in while we ate.
We split the peel and eat shrimp with our Sam Adams and Resonator (I think) beers.
There was a nice breeze off the water.

We settled on the lobster roll and mini seafood platter. Both were very good.
Chunks of claw and knuckle meat, barely any mayo, a little lettuce on a toasted hot dog roll and a side of onion rings-home made.

The seafood platter was plenty-small belly sweet clams, shrimps and haddock. Light batter that was seasoned (a pet peeve) perfectly cooked.

Over all a very nice outside dining spot
http://bgsboathouse.com/

We headed a little north to the Odiorne State Park to walk off dinner. Very interesting location, it was Fort Dearborn and still has some of the gun mount bases, there are bike paths and a science center, a rocky beach and I think a camping area, although I didn’t those

We took our time heading home, winding along the coast and some how ending up in Georgetown where we stopped at Benson’s ice cream stand. Homemade black raspberry was a perfect ending.

If anyone know of any other “on the water” dining spots, off the beaten path preferably, please pass them along.

Stay cool!