New York Trip October

So, which night and where? I’m getting hungry.

Friday night first choice, Sunday second. Saturday is least good but doable.

Place, what about somewhere in Astoria? Greek? Eastern European? Seafood {Sabry’s?}?
Or Hug Essan {Hug Issan?} if everyone is a hot head.

@DaveCook are you joining? Any ideas of where?

anything agreeable to the rest of the group that is not outer queens or similar long trek . Dave mentioned Bohemian Spirit on the UES which has tamales as well as czech food, sounds potentially interesting.

ps we have never been to Mombar or Kebab Cafe so one of them might be an option however something that is convenient to the subway is important to us, travelling from Brooklyn, unless there is assured parking (I dont think that is likely the case in the Steinway Street area)

We did Mombar already. Lebabs are always nice.

we’ll be smuggling books into florida, sorry to miss this!

4 Likes

On Sunday I plan to be out and about all day, beginning at Masjid al-Hikmah, in Astoria. It would be great to see you and Kay there, in late morning, for the final outdoor Indonesian bazaar of the season. If my food hunting goes swimmingly that day, however, I doubt I’ll have bandwidth for dinner.

On Friday I’ll be out of town until late afternoon, perhaps later, and I can’t commit to evening plans as of now. That said, for one day or another, I’ll raise the prospect of dinner at the Czech restaurant Koliba, a two-minute walk from the Astoria-Ditmars station of the N/W.

Pick a meet-up spot and time and we will see you for outdoor Indonesian.
|
Shall we set dinner for Friday evening? The Czech place sounds good. Or seafood.

Bazaar: I’ll get back to you (might be tomorrow) once I plot out my Sunday explorations, but I’ll see you both at the masjid.

Dinner: I’ll let others who can commit more readily help you settle on an evening and a place, or a place and then an evening.

Ginny is out this weekend, so it’s just me. Friday is best for me as well. Assuming it’s Friday, I’ve gone to Mombar with Dean already and to Hamido with Jen. I’d be more than willing to try Koliba, as it sounds both good and reasonably near a subway for Jen/Jim. Shall we lock this in and try to make a reservation? So far, it’s me, Dean, Kay, Jen and Jim correct? Anyone else? I’ll wait until this evening to see if anyone adds in (Dave?) and then call for a (hopefully successful) res. Okay?

Works for me.

Houseguest is leaving Sunday (but I already am booked for Sunday night for dinner). Missing the group eating! Hopefully something else can be planned before T’giving! Congrats on your 35th!

28 of the happiest years of my life!

Koliba (slovak) works for us.

we have a res at Koliba Fri eve at 7pm for 6 of us (in case Dave or someone else wants to join the 5 of us). We can add if needed. Anyone else?

1 Like

thanks for setting this up, Steve!

Can’t do Friday, but happy anniversary!

Thanks for making the reservation, Steve. I won’t know till Friday afternoon when I’ll be back in the city. I hope I’m back in time, and that there’s a seat at the table!

Fabulous. We look forward to this!

Just to make sure, is this the place

Koliba
31-11 23rd Avenue Astoria NY 11105