New Washingtonian article on DC VIPs

2 Likes

And the sun will rise in NYC at 5:38am tomorrow morning. Details at Eleven! :wink: The political seating arrangement stories - not to mention the apparent naivety of one of the quoted restaurateurs - are pretty funny…:grin:

3 Likes

Enjoyable read! Thanks for posting it.

I’m ok with the fact that the only place I’m well known is my own kitchen. sigh

2 Likes

Thus, the ease with which we can dismiss these petty patrons (all the way down to staffers? really?); on the other hand, we cannot begrudge the results of those who do what helps them keep their businesses running.

Thanks for posting this Erich! I really enjoyed the read and have forwarded on to my daughter, who will like it as well.

1 Like

“The big restaurant lie: Everyone is treated the same.”

Who thought everyone was treated the same? :joy:

Given that they’ve named some names, I’m wondering who’s going to be in trouble…

3 Likes

Though we can be rather taken aback that it apparently never occurred to a maitre d’ (or was he a manager?) of a successful, high-end DC restaurant that publicly praising an extremely controversial political figure in the middle of packed restaurant, or on the other hand, criticizing a fundamental policy plank of another’s legislative agenda in similar circumstances (without even the slightest realistic hope of actually influencing that legislative agenda, no less) might not have Consequences…:roll_eyes:/:rofl:

1 Like