New Jersey Hot Dogs

Never been here, but I heard it is good

Boardwalk mikes is decent also

http://yelp.to/qTKq/ApiIjxJM3A

I agree about AHD. I loved this place, used to work 10 minutes away so went 2-3 times a week. I remember when they told me they were closing, sad day. Chili was great, hot dogs perfect, keep hoping that they would reopen somewhere. I tried bringing as many co-workers so they could enjoy as well. Not a healthy lunch, but everyone loved it.

2 Likes

I drove by Hot Dog Stop. They donā€™t look open. Looked empty and the lights were all off about 5PM. I work in that area.

Thanks for some of the tips. I have made adjustments to the map.

Can someone confirm Danā€™s in Atlantic Highlands is still around? Is this ā€œDot & Danā€™sā€? Because Dan passed away in 2015:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/mycentraljersey/obituary.aspx?pid=174245664

Yes, Dot and Danā€™s hot dog cart was operational last season.

1 Like

Rip Dan.

Yes his family still runs the operation. Man I could go for a dans chili cheese dog right now :smile:

2 Likes

Thought this would go good here.

1 Like

OK. I just directly asked Hot Dog Nation members to come and join you guys over on FB. Weā€™ll see whether my call to arms fizzles or flys. :slight_smile:

Hello. My name is John Fox. I love hot dogs. Iā€™m constantly founder of the Facebook page Hot Dog Nation. I love hot dogs; especially Jersey hot dogs.

2 Likes

Meant co-founder

2 Likes

How tight are your privacy settings? I donā€™t see the post there.

Great to have you here as well, John.

Welcome John! Now you have a other venue to discuss your hottest dog passions!

Welcome aboard John!

I think this thread needs some dog pics :wink:

Iā€™ll try and find some, but for now hereā€™s my guy before prom, a couple years ago :smile:

5 Likes

Ah yes, this young gentleman knows a good dog when he sees it. Gusā€™s rocks!

1 Like

Glad to have you hereā€¦ you know me from Roadfood.

That website is crap if you ask me.

I had relatives in Stewartsville. We used to drive out that way very often during the year. It was probably 45 minutes or an hourā€¦ whateverā€¦ I was young. We always used to pass Hot Dog Johnnyā€™s, but never stopped, because we were always on a way to a BBQ or Christmas, etc. Such a nice setting near all those trees and the water. When I got older I went there finally. Food was bland, there was no topping, buttermilk they make themselves was disgusting.

I also rank The Hot Grill in Clifton low on my list. The dog itself was fried nicely. I hated the chili.

I gave Jersey Dog in Newton a low review on Yelp. The Texas Weiner tasted like store bought canned chili. Had I know that I wouldnā€™t have bought it. The falafel dog? Falafel in the shape of a dog was some of the worst falafel Iā€™ve ever had. I could not finish it because it had a texture of uncooked dough. Dogs were cooked fine, with a little better topping execution Iā€™d have rated them higher.

The lady behind the counter some people (myself included) was totally lifeless. Like she was just ho hum working to get by not enjoying what I am doing.