New Jersey Coronavirus/Covid19 Local Restaurant Specials

*waiting for the video of @NotJrvedivici dancing

4 Likes

Modine in AP just announced they are permanently closing as of today

1 Like

I’m really sad because they’ve been lovely to the community, and it was a nice place to go for a drink… Knowing that they’re partners with the people at Talula’s, I’m hoping they’ll eventually re-brand and re-open, but who knows?

Hate to say it, but we probably need a Restaurants Lost to the Pandemic thread.

I gave it a few tries when they first opened and wasn’t impressed, but around spring of 2019 we started going back, really enjoyed everything. Sad to see them go

1 Like

Yeah, the food was tasting, but Southern cuisine isn’t really my thing, so I only ate there a few times.

I’m sorry I’m too busy fulfilling your wishes to post a picture of me dancing. Here though is a clip of me hard at work creating your thread requests.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Esposito’s (Matawan, NJ)

Posting here bc I don’t want to start a new thread just for this, but looking for crab cakes this weekend. Anyone local from say Sea Bright/RB/lb area that has especially good ones? Anyone had them from the Pour House or Barnacle Bills? Open to all suggestions.

Soft shell? Saw this:

6 Likes

I realize this isn’t likely what you meant but it looks great!!!

1 Like

Drew’s has Crab Cakes on today’s take-out menu. (I’ve had them in the past, and they are excellent.). He’s had them pretty much every day, so my guess is he’ll have them during the weekend. Downsides: (1) You would have to order the 3-course menu to get them. (2) They’re on the limited items list with an extra charge. (3) Based on what I’ve read from others on this forum, good luck getting the restaurant on the phone to place an order.

2 Likes

I’ve had them at Barnacle Bill’s and Sitting Duck (so I presume they are the same as Pour House). Pretty standard as far as crab cakes go at both places. Good, but I wouldn’t go out of my way to order them. So many better items on their respective menus.

2 Likes

ty sir. Been really in mood for one lately and no idea where to get one hyper-locally. Doing dinner out tmw and those two spots along with maybe DJeet are high on list, so was hoping for something…alas I’ll prob settle for a burger or the Joey at Djeet.
Curious, have you ever had shrimp poboy at PH?

1 Like

Another (unhelpful) suggestion: after making them a few times with canned crab, making cakes is pretty painless. I realize again this isn’t what you are looking for. I’ll be here all night with other unsolicited advice!

2 Likes

Lol no worries, appreciate any and all input. Those softies did look incredible btw.

1 Like

Yeah, don’t have it in me to play the Drews lotto tbh. Plus if I’m going to key port, as good as Drew’s is I’d prob find my car in the lot for Keyport fishery somehow without even noticing.
Side note one of the reasons I haven’t taken old glory up on the 4 for 40 or family meal specials yet.

1 Like

No I haven’t. Been to SD a bunch, but PH only once.

1 Like

Speaking of shrimp po boys, It looks like Drew’s has a killer one.

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/100789747_3309469012405737_1527262616378933248_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=8024bb&efg=eyJpIjoibCJ9&_nc_ohc=pH6eZKW-O2wAX_2C6rd&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&_nc_tp=14&oh=4858deeb8cbfd9c5bb5ed034bd153be1&oe=5EFF8789

5 Likes

Wow

1 Like

Try Navesink Fishery. If they have them, they’re sure to be good.