New Jersey China Buffets

Dammit!!!

1 Like

I think they read your post and hid the crab :grin:

4 Likes

This is definitely a possibility!

1 Like

Alright so I finally made it after not going for at least 1.5 years…probably more like two.

We definitely put a dent in the crab population. Uncle Mike went nuts. I’m almost embarrresed to say how me he ate on top of several splates of snow crab. The butter warmers just make the trip here. Hot butter and hot crab meat…good times. Not glamorous, but a fun trip every year or so.

This pic is us getting set up. The table looked like a battlefield once we were over. Note there are no shells in the dish, no napkins everywhere, no butter drips on the table and spilled candle wax lol. I was going to take some carnage pics but didnt

8 Likes

Hahahaha that’s f’n awesome!!! Did you start with some peel n eat shrimp? That’s my guilty pleasure when I go there I can have dozens of the peel n eat shrimp!! Thanks for sharing glad you enjoyed!

4 Likes

Uncle m started off with a plate of peelers, a few pieces of sushi (not sure why but he said he wanted some Wasabi.) He then decides he has to sample some of my “hot off the grill” custom made garlic butter chili shrimp. Between three enormous plates of crab he also hammered down two steaks they cook fresh at the grill (yes two,) a plate of shrimp lomein, a large beef short rib, and a plate of clams (the little tender ginger ones, not the ones use for striped bass bait.) How people eat those is beyond me, but plenty of people were hammering down huge chewy clams. Never eat those. I tried some crawfish…not good at all. So I did two big plates of crab and didn’t hold a candle to big mike. I did get my 19 bucks worth of food :slight_smile:

Notice the different butter warmers. My ceramic one gets blazing hot and will actually start to splatter since it sits low to the flame if you don’t watch the butter level. Mikes takes longer as it sits higher. It doesn’t get as hot but doesn’t take much maintenance to watch as you browse or try to fetch more crab. Buffet tips for our crustacean fans on here :sunglasses:

7 Likes

You and your uncle are true American heroes.

6 Likes

I’m sorry I didn’t send an invite. I only do this once in a while. The crab season will be here in about 5 weeks or so down in the barnegat bay. Just bring beer or your beverage of choice. We can get it done :slight_smile: Eli and Jeff will probably be game to crab too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Count me & Mrs. P in for a crab boil :grinning: I’m warning you Johnny, Mrs. P can be a real crab whore :grinning:

4 Likes

Yo can we try making some raw marinated crab Korean style?

I’m down to try it but I honestly think cooked crab would be a better call. We can give it a whirl though. I’ll try it.

Eli, she might meet her nemesis with uncle mike. He can pack some crab away! We may have to fend them off and one of us will distract them as we grab a few crab lol

2 Likes

I mean you can never go wrong with cooked crab. But it’s not every day you get to eat a fresh catch raw! It’s a bit of an acquired taste but one of my all time favorite foods. Have you ever tried eating one raw?

I haven’t but would try it. I’ve been fishing my entire life, literally since I could walk. I grew up on a pond and never stopped.

I love shellfish/crustaceans of all kinds. However, I don’t care for them raw for the most part. I’ve baited so many hooks, literally thousands upon thousands, that it is a mental thing for me. On the other hand, I love raw fish of all kinds. Raw fish is great.

On the “downside” topic, the same goes with squid. I’ve hooked more damn squid on my lines than I can count and don’t like it raw. It is my brain.

I think you’ll like the crabs we cook up.

Mrs. P is up for the challenge :grinning: She will bring her own hefty bag to cover herself up and get down to crackin’ those crabs :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Do you enjoy raw seafood in sushi type settings? I guess it’s my Korean upbringing, but in my head if I go out and catch some seafood, a part of the experience is eating it live on the spot. On a recent trip to Korea I got to try some live shrimp and it was one of the most delicious things I’ve ever had!

Can’t wait for crab season!!

1 Like

Eli and joon, we can definitely set up a crab feast. The one thing is Mrs p can’t wear her heels lol. They can be dangerous and we don’t want any accidents on the boat :slight_smile:

Joon, I have more crab info so stay tuned. I think I will probably bump up the crab thread soon. I can’t wait!

2 Likes

I don’t think Mrs. P goes anywhere without her heels :grinning: She can use them to crack the crabs (or fend off anyone trying to get near the crabs) :grin:

2 Likes

Yes!!! :heart::heart::heart:
As in yes I would love to eat this

This is what I love about Mrs. P–that sounds exactly like something she’d do!!

2 Likes

Haha! She can wear them but just make sure she brings some boat shoes too :slight_smile:

1 Like