New Green Growler in Croton

My husband and I checked out the new Green Growler in Croton last night. The location has a good amount of free parking in the lot adjacent​to the train station. I think this is a good move for them as they must get a significant amount of foot traffic from commuters.

The interior is larger and better laid out than the old one. When you walk in, to your right is a seating area with four or five clusters of tables. There’s a small, nicely curated selection of beers by the bottle for purchase, though it can’t hold a candle to the selection at Deciccos, which has much more esoteric and hard-to-find beers.

At the rear is the bar. They have twelve taps and offer pints and flights of four, six, and twelve beers. We got a flight of four. Again, DeCiccos tap selection is a bit more interesting to us, only because my beer-obsessed husband has a hard time finding beers he hasn’t already had. The best of the bunch was a cherry quad from Logsdon, a brewery we had never heard of in Hood River, OR. At 9% it was very drinkable, slightly sour but not mouth puckering-ly so, with a very smooth finish.

They have games and it was very lively with a very mixed age crowd. I have a feeling we will be spending a lot of time here!