Nettie's house of spaghetti - tinton falls, nj

Great that you’re for getting “the old gang” together again, b.! As for discussing possible dates, would it be better to do it off the board?

Has anyone been lately? Thinking of heading over there sometime in the next few weeks.

I have not been but a friend mentioned to me a 90 minute limit for his party of 2 and that they required a credit card to reserve and charged if you didn’t cancel at least 5 hours before your reservation. He hadn’t gone yet so no report of the actual experience.

1 Like

Sounds a little severe, but they do have negronis on tap. That’ll save some time.

1 Like

Signs of the times. When you are only allowed 25% capacity you need to maximize your potential as much as humanly possible. Heck, Pete and Elda’s even had the 90 minute limit signs up as I stopped in there last weekend.

2 Likes

I think many restaurants are limiting the time a patron can stay. I know this story was making the rounds last week.

1 Like

That is such an odd way to handle being unhappy about the time limit. The patron clearly knows they are just stiffing the server and did it anyway.

4 Likes

I think it was just an excuse to not tip. Some people are like that.

3 Likes

Totally and that’s crappy on it’s own. It says to me that this person never worked in a restaurant!

2 Likes

I know! As if the server has any power.

1 Like

I read recently of a couple that was unhappy with their restaurant time limit and other things. They handed the waitress a $20 and told her they would not be staying and eating and to cancel their order. Just sayin’.

5 Likes

This was just on their Instagram page today. Hopefully they will be back soon.

2 Likes

Wow interesting very interesting.

2 Likes

It’s clearly our fault…we were there last night and ate everything on the menu to include the best eggplant :eggplant: parm I’ve ever had, (so big I had the rest for lunch) the whipped ricotta, the fried mushrooms, the vinegar chicken, almost all the negronis, the brussels and beans, the meatballs, everything except the tuna milanese which I need to try so good luck and please open up again soon.

5 Likes

Lol it is your fault I always knew you were trouble there Mr Brewskie. The chicken looks delicious, but I’m just confused by the drink and QR code pic. I assume the QR code is for a cyber menu, is the color coordination with the drink a coincidence?

4 Likes

The chicken was a spicy riff on Stretch’s Chicken Savoy, and the drink was “The Flower High” …butterfly pea flower infused Alb vodka, pineapple juice, lemon juice, almond orgeat, creme yvette, and rosebuds. Low down dirty shame that a place serving such high quality concepts has to close for any reason, especially the ones cited.

3 Likes

Wow! So sad. Always had excellent food experiences there😢

1 Like

Their chicken was always delish. So tender and flavorful. What a shame. I hope they reopen soon :pray:t2: Ps. I heard they were about to open a beautiful outdoor dining space also :cry:

1 Like

Their version is eggplant parm is fantastic. I started to prepare it at home myself like theirs

1 Like

I’m reading THE BLACK DEATH: A PERSONAL HISTORY by John Hatcher. One of the effects of the Black Death that he describes is that due to the much smaller population trying to manage the same amount of land and animals, it was impossible to find laborers who would work for the previous wages, or indeed often for any wages at all. Previously an extended family might have 5 households managing 15 acres amongst them; after the Black Death there might be only one household left, and they had no extra time to work for minimal pay, or for that matter to do the work they were legally obliged to provide for their lord for free.

Clearly our current situation is not so dire. But restaurant workers are being asked to contend with similar strained circumstances, exposing themselves to working in close quarters and with patrons who often care little about caution. And at home they may have more work to do because family members are sick or have died. The kitchen staff wants more than what they were being paid before, and the wait staff wants more to make up for the lower tips due to lower occupancy. All this makes the question of wages similar, even taking into account the restaurants that have closed, leaving their staff available.

None of this is surprising. I have noticed prices at a couple of my favorite restaurants going up 20% even before indoor dining came back. The push for a $15 minimum wage is just going to exacerbate this, so we need to be prepared for higher prices all around.

5 Likes