Need the best lobster roll in Monmouth County

Summer. The tinny 1.25 pounders you can get on sale for 6 bucks a pound. Big hardshell never go on sale around here from what I’ve seen.

Here are some tin cans from the summer at $6 a pound.

4 Likes

Point Lobster in Point Pleasant Beach has an excellent lobster roll. Tail and claw meat and butter.

3 Likes

Slim pickings for January Jersey lobster rolls I guess…thanks for the input. He might as well head north.

Yep, Restaurant Depot had them for $ 9.99lbs when I was there over the holidays. I think most super markets are around $ 12.99.

1 Like

They were $11.99 per pound at Restaurant Depot in Neptune on Saturday.

Any new opinions on these? I’m looking around the Red Bank area. I see it on the menu at Catch, Barrel & Roost, Boondock’s, 26 West, etc.

Haven’t had any in those places. Though I’m sure they all do a good representation. The problem right now is the price of lobster is making a good lobster roll locally a $35 and up proposition and because of that One Willow has taken it off the menu for now.

That said, the warm lobster roll (butter) at Bahrs is very nice. (I do not care for the Jersey lobster roll, it is a lower price and uses lesser quality lobster and possibly that fake crab sea legs thing)

If you want to range further south, the same warm preparation is available at Point Lobster. Atlantic Offshore does a nice cold (mayo) one.

My wife and I did a brunch surf and turf on Saturday at Barrell and Roost by splitting a burger and the lobster roll( which comes 2 to an order on standard size hotdog roll) and the lobster roll was very good. The only thing I can say to describe the burger was perfection on a bun.

1 Like

Warm lobster roll at Atlantic offshore is very good. Love their fries. Stay away from their chowders.