Need a Recommendation - Monmouth Area

My buddy needs some ideas for a restaurant in the Monmouth area for a retirement dinner of around 20 guests. Last Saturday night in April. Presently has the American Hotel in Freehold booked. He has no preference regarding private room or no private room, or bar vs. byob. Suggestions?

1 Like

This place is lovely, but it might be the wrong Monmouth.
The Whitebrook Michelin Star Restaurant With Rooms Monmouthshire, Wales

@KimCardiffian - Ha. Let me see if I can talk my buddy into a trip to Wales. For sure, his wife is worth it!

Aarzu has private space in the back but obviously you need a group of somewhat adventurous eaters – not people who eat steak or pasta and nothing else.

For those less adventurous eaters, Sirena in Long Branch.

2 Likes

Il Nido for upscale, exceptional Italian. Liquor license since the end of last year. In addition to a wine list, there is a cocktail program.

1 Like

@CurlzNJ Sirena is a solid safe choice for this group, Aarzu not so much. Thanks!

1 Like

@RGR Hi RGR. Hope you and Mr. RGR are well. Il Nido is a great choice and one I would be very happy with. Thank you.

Surprisingly 618

1 Like

What about the new spot where the Lincroft Inn used to be? Can’t remember if it’ll be open yet, but having been to Charlie’s in Bay Head, I thought the place was lovely and they did a great job in terms of the catering…

ETA: can you tell this is now occupying my brain??

@CurlzNJ Actually drove by the old Lincroft Inn last night en route to a show in Red Bank. Did not look open yet, but quite the transformation from the exterior.

2 Likes

@seal I’ve had a couple of good recent dinners at 618. My buddy eats there pretty regularly and I suspect since he didn’t mention it that he’s looking for something different. But I agree that it ticks all the boxes.

1 Like

One other thing that your friend may/may not realize…he has to book ASAP before he gives up the reservation he has! From what I’ve been seeing around here, people are going out and that includes rescheduling parties/large gatherings that were cancelled. Places in AP have been packed and I’m betting that’s true all over.

(PS Waiting for the APP to now write a story about that…)

1 Like

Hi @jsfein, Mr. R. and I are doing well. I trust you and your family are fine. We continue not doing any indoor restaurant dining. Waiting for the warmer weather when we’ll return to outdoor dining. We haven’t been to Il Nido since the executive chef change followed by the sad death of the owner. I hope it’s still as wonderful under the new e.c.

1 Like

Let me just toss Piccola Italia out there. Always great food. Convenient location. And parking.

5 Likes

@The_Happy_Wizard For some reason, I have brain freeze when it comes to Piccola Italia. It’s been years since my last visit, but always a solid meal. Thanks.

2 Likes

If you want to venture into RB, Patrizias has done a few parties for us and everyone has enjoyed it. They have some nice menus for parties, they are definition of safe as well. it’s byo but we’ve just purchased a few bottles of wine to bring and had them set out on the table.

2 Likes

Ate there a few weeks ago and the quality hasn’t changed. Everything was still wonderful.

1 Like

And just like that my buddy advises that he booked Barrio Costero in Asbury Park. Not sure how he came up with this venue, but at least I’ll drink well.

1 Like

Wow.

Very glad to hear that, @bgut1. Their outdoor tents are still up so, hopefully, we’ll dine there again in the not too distant future.

Edited to add: Perhaps, you and Mrs. B. can join us. It’s been far too long since we’ve seen you two.