Need a Lunch Rec - Newark/Essex/Other

Hoping the HO Community can help. Daughter’s college graduation is on a Monday in May at Prudential Center in Newark. Its an early morning event. Need a nice lunch for 6 people. Does not need to be in Newark. Preferably in Essex County and south. Many restaurants are not open on a Monday and many of those that are don’t serve lunch. Ideas?

Edited to add: My daughter’s a vegetarian, so need somewhere accommodating.

I’m betting that @paryzer can give you a quick list… they have favorites in Rutherford, the Caldwells, and elsewhere in that area.
MY choice would be to go to lunch in the Ironbound (Adega Grill is still a favorite and more of an ‘upscale’ atmosphere than many of the other spots that have been there for many years. Casa Vasca is another. Both used to offer parking for their customers.
Another thought is get the hell out of dodge and head south to Cranford…I’ll ask friends for their recent favorites, as I haven’t been keeping up!.
And congrats on the graduation!!!

ETA: Vine & Oak Tavern in Cranford is the new upscale place that they really enjoyed. Open Mondays for lunch - I checked. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Vine & Oak looks like it could be a winner. Thanks!!

1 Like

La Griglia Kenilworth, full bar, Wasai Bistro Cranford BYOB in the old A Taute Herre spot

2 Likes

I have no restaurants to add but congratulations to your daughter and your family.

1 Like