Need a "Food Photography & Video" board!

Thanks for the link! I really liked the interview.

Yes, it’s the 60mm macro. I use the AF + MF mode that starts with autofocus and lets you manually adjust after locking. I also have focus peaking turned on to assist with the manual step.

1 Like

Today was the first time I took food photos in the garden this year. I have always used 2 systems (Fujifilm and Nikon) but switched to Fujifilm completely since December 2017.

My high-end set-up: a bottle of wine in the bag is used as a weight.

Could barely see anything outside, glad the photos turned out.

Kebab spiced lamb chops

Cooked on my simple Weber (Q100). FYI, it’s old and perfect size for household of 2. Weber has released many new models since the Q100. Chilean pinot noir because it was opened yesterday.

6 Likes

Nice! have got to learn about using cameras; at least the ones I have

So far, still using my Pixel cell phone, but using “settings”.

1 Like

How commercial food styling is done. Pretty sure no home cook or hobby photographer does this. So very wasteful. Glue and dish soap are often used.

I work fast as soon the food is done. To save time I set everything up during cooking. Take a couple of shots to test white balance and composition. Then we sit down and dig in but camera eats first.

3 Likes

Clear glass marbles in soups and stews so that all the ingredients are lifted up and pushed to the surface.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Works fine. Good tips on distance, illumination and angles.

Interested, it seems some of your photos were your restaurant meal, right? How did you manage the lighting especially many restaurants can be dim. Did you bring your light?

1 Like