NC, Raleigh - First NC Sprouts Grocery has opened!

Located on Falls of Neuse Road, just north of I-540 Sprouts opened their first NC store on Wednesday. The following link has a nice series of photos of the store.

It’s been many years since I was in a Sprouts but my impression was a better priced Whole Foods.

If you’ve been please share your impressions!

http://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2017/03/14/first-look-inside-sprouts-farmers-markets-first-n.html

I stopped by Sprouts and was impressed! Produce occupies at least 1/6 of the store. Less focus on frozen but there are a good number of GF and vegetarian items, some not easily found in this area. Those who miss the bulk snack items at The Fresh Market will be happy with the selection at Sprouts.

Ready to eat includes the usual items of grab-n-go plus some new ones including a good looking kids lunch pack for $3.99. I tried the turkey carnitas (prepared meat with scallion garnish) which was quite tasty. Their baguette (whole grain) was good and a bargain at $1.59 though I prefer the traditional one at Weaver Street. Jalapeno/cheese frocaccia muffins (4/$2.99) were good, filling and had a nice kick. Prepared sandwiches (Boarshead or Sprouts) are available and looks like you can have made to order in the deli. Refrigerated bins near the deli have some pickle and meats items I’ve not seen in the Triangle. Small but fresh salad bar, an olive bar and usual rotisserie chicken ($6.99), etc. A small seating area is tucked away at the front of the store.

Fresh flowers priced similar to TJ’s. Very nice selection of yogurts and cheese. The wine area was too crowded so I couldn’t investigate.

Great sales including $7.88/lb. ahi, 3/$1 green bell peppers, .88/lb asparagus. Will be interesting to see if the sale items continue to be such good deals or if they are promotional for the opening.

Parking is good at the moment but spaces would be tight for large cars or extended cab trucks. As the empty shops are filled and the exercise place next door gets busy parking may become more challenging.

Staff was helpful, knowledgeable, efficient and friendly. Store looks great and the layout is intuitive and easy to maneuver. Sprouts is stepped back from the road behind a BB&T and a mattress shop so a little hard to spot initially.

This is a great addition to N. Raleigh. I’ll be shopping there often!

2 Likes

Just an update regarding the bulk snack mixes. I bought 4 or so small samples. Not near as good as the Fresh Market.

Sprouts sales remain good as does produce. I tend to shop there in the evening and have found that meat specials are often gone.

They must have brought in their “A” team for the opening. Current staff is not bad but no where near the level of professionalism and product knowlege as the staff for the grand opening. But it takes time to build a strong team in a new store.

Parking is becoming tougher now that the restaurants in the center have opened.

Pies are quite good and often on special. There are some specialty meat grinds (frozen) that you don’t see frequently.

I’m still happy to have this place on my rotation.

1 Like