Naschmarkt (Palo Alto)

We didn’t have much time for dinner (so unfortunately no dessert) when we had to pick up our daughter from a party and remembered that Naschmarkt https://naschmarktrestaurants.com/pa-menu/ , a very good Austrian restaurant in Campbell, opened a second location in Palo Alto. Still same great quality which is as good as you would get in Germany/Austrian in more upscale places.

Goat cheese purse salad, rosemary, honey, mixed greens, red wine poached apples, walnuts, balsamic vinegar reduction

Austrian cold cuts - trout mousse, pork rillette, red pepper cheese mousse, salami, prosciutto

Pork blade chop, cabbage, spaetzle

Jager schnitzel - pork schnitzel braised in a mushroom cream sauce with spaetzle, broccolini and garlic confit

10 Likes

My mouth is watering…!

Superlecker!

1 Like

I forget the name of it - doesn’t Naschmarkt have a separate bakery somewhere in the Peninsula?

I don’t think so. There is Backhaus ( German named bakery in San Mateo and Burlingame). If you are looking for “classical” German cakes etc (they even have fantastic Franzbroetchen - something which is mainly made in Hamburg and surrounding areas) you should go to Hadough (Hayes Valley) which on the same level as top-tier bakeries/Konditoreien in Germany

There is also Hahdough Konditorei in NOPA on Fulton Street. The Herrentorte is too, too good.

Yes - they have their main shop on Fell Street and a small “window” next to Suppenkueche with a very limited selection (Herrentorte, Berliner, Franzbroetchen)

Oops, right, Fell not Fulton.

i have been a few times (only once to the campbell location) and have enjoyed each time. cocktail list is above average. i think i have sat outside each time.

it replaced anatolian kitchen, which moved around the corner. i think we find ourselves at AK more often, but i am not sure why.

We didn’t have much time on our first visit to the new location of Naschmarkt https://naschmarktrestaurants.com/pa-menu/ in Palo Alto and so it was time to have a more relaxed night at the restaurant. It’s still one of the best Austrian restaurants outside of Austria with excellent dishes, like Jaegerschnitzel, Kohlrouladen and Salzburger Nockerl.

Smoked pork bratwurst with braised sauerkraut, caramelized onions and Dijon mustard

Austrian coldcuts - chicken liver mousse, pork rillette, smoked trout, paprika cream cheese, schinken, salami

Beet salad with arugula, orange & strawberries, pistachios, goat cheese and cherry vinaigrette

Krautrolladen - beef, pork and smoked bacon filled savoy cabbage with creamed leeks, fingerlings, carrots, greens and mushroom deli-glace

Jager Schnitzel - pork schnitzel braised in a mushroom cream cream sauce, broccolini and garlic confit

…served with spaetzle

Salzburger Nockerl - Fluffy vanilla soufflé with blueberry compote & vanilla bean ice cream

Sacher Torte - Austrian chocolate cake with apricot preserves, whipped cream

4 Likes