Nahant Fish & Lobster...Lobster Rolls Rule in Nahant, MA

We were dying for a swim so we drove to Nahant Beach, Nahant, MA. After slogging through brown algae to get to a bit of cool, clear water, we felt we deserved a reward. Off to Nahant Fish & Lobster located in the little, tony, hamlet of Nahant at the very end of the Causeway which separates Nahant from Lynn.

Our efforts were rewarded by a superior lobster roll. Your $20 gets you a jam-packed roll with plenty of sweet knuckle and claw meat, the tiniest whisper of mayo, and just a tinkle of celery. It was so full that we each ate half and took the rest home for supper. No frills. No tables. Just the best lobster and a good-looking little fish market to boot.

Next time I’m getting the lobster grilled cheese sandwich. No fooling. I have a special dispensation from my cardiologist.

![IMG_2692 (1)|320x240]

fish IMG_2692 (1) IMG_2693

12 Likes

@SuzieCK
Ok. Fes up. You had your fingers crossed behind your back when you posted this line…

2 Likes

Try Fresco’s in Malden. Ask for the lobster roll with butter instead of mayo, and no celery. Best I’ve ever had.

3 Likes

Thanks! This looks fantastic and I have never heard of this place. Are they new? Definitely worth investigating.

I think that I heard of them here, on the Boston board a few years ago. If I recall, I had asked for recommendations for roast beef sandwiches, and I believe that it was @passing_thru who mentioned Fresco’s.

Yeah, they’ve been around a couple of years. Everything I’ve had there is pretty good, esp. the roast beef. I’ve never had the lobster roll, somehow.

2 Likes

Try it! It’s worth it

2 Likes

I hate to be the bearer of such bad news, given how wonderful this place sounds, but Marc Hurwitz of Boston’s Hidden Restaurants just posted that they have closed permanently.

3 Likes

ah, that’s brutal. I thought this lobster roll looked great–I’m usually not a celery fan in a lobster roll, but I admit that the incredibly tiny amount of celery in the pic above makes it look like a good addition!

sad that they had to shut down.

6 Likes

Aaaaaarrrrrrrrrgggghhhh. This is almost THE LAST STRAW!!! I can hardly believe it. Just as I discover a hidden gem…POOF! Gone. OK, so now I have to look for an alternative. Suggestions?

5 Likes

I detest giving the “fork and knife” for bad news items. It’s more out of solidarity. Bummer.

6 Likes

So sorry, Suzie. We were all pretty excited by your report. This is such a brutal time.

4 Likes

Exactly., digga.

3 Likes