My Quest for the best M&C. Part 1 of 3.

My Quest for the best M&C. Part 1 of 3.

3 Likes

Left a comment for another place for you to try.

And your arteries are gonna be clogged (among other things! :rofl:) enjoying all of these M&Cs.

1 Like

I didn’t even gain weight! I found some really good ones, and some were even reasonably priced.

1 Like

Have you tried Fat Cat’s in Quincy? And Armsby Abbey in Worcester? (that one is my favorite.)

1 Like

and if I recall correctly the folks at Armsby Abbey have a connection with the Hill Farmstead team, and you can get several of their amazing beers on tap. More than you can find anyplace in Burling†on, VT.

2 Likes

Used to be the only place you could get Hill Farmstead beers in Massachusetts was at Armsby Abbey. In the last 6 months they seem to have widened their distribution to the greater Boston area and you can now find their beers at many local beer bars. Olde Magouns in Somerville had three HF on draft recently.

4 Likes

That is correct, Alec Lopez and Shawn Hill go way back.

More places are starting to see Hill Farmstead on draft though as the brewery expands production and most likely because of Covid-driven changes to their business over the last 3 years

2 Likes

Speaking of Hill Farmstead on draft, the upcoming gastropub, Hobgoblin (48 Temple Pl, Boston, MA 02111) appears to have Arthur on draft at $12 a pop. Nice to see a downtown spot getting HF on draft, hopefully more are to come

1 Like

Mystic Station in Malden center currently has three HF beers on tap - Mary, Marie, and Song of Summer. Each is $9 for 12 oz serving.

http://www.mysticstationmalden.com/craft-beer

1 Like

And not to be outdone, Olde Magoun’s in Somerville has 4 (!) HF beers on draft:

1 Like

Haven’t been there in ages, although we liked the place a lot. And we used to be semi-regulars at Magoun’s when Harvey was manning the kitchen and right after they started branching out with their side projects (felt like they started sliding a little, food-wise).

In any case, thanks for the reminders.

Love love love Old Magoun’s Saloon. Used to be a regular over a decade ago when I lived in the area. Their trivia, their NFL games there and their Okotoberfest are fond memories I’ll cherish forever.

I had no idea they had those on draft and will have to make a drive up sometime to crush a pint or three, especially since Double Nelson from HF is one of my all-time favs

1 Like

Olde Magouns annual Oktoberfest draft list always brings me great joy. A month of 8-10 authentic German OFests on tap, always served in the correct brewery-labeled mug. There’s really nowhere else like it in the area. I am lucky to live a short distance away. (And now that there is a nearby Green Line T-stop, anyone can go there and enjoy more than one without driving)

2 Likes

The Tip Tap room on Cambridge Street/BEacon Hill currently has HF Mary on draft so there is at least one other downtown spot

https://thetiptaproom.com/#menu

The best. The food is great too. I’m overdue for a visit

I don’t know if this quite qualifies for “ages” ago, but we were there around 6 months ago and Mystic Station was still great.

1 Like