Musu, Manchester: ‘Gigantically ambitious and pointedly bonkers’ – restaurant...

Some of the individual dishes look great. Not sure I want to endure the experience or the price. I would love to read @Harters take on it, if he goes.

But like me I feel maybe he is over tasting menus’ and just wants somewhere that feeds him three good courses.

2 Likes

" sheer cost, the din and the small portions"

I think the din would bother me most of all. If you’re unable to bitch about the tiny portions at high prices with your dining companion(s), why bother? :wink:

3 Likes

Well at least the food is excellent? (If so miniscule as to leave the reviewer hungry?)

1 Like

Sorry, should have been clear. I’m interested in @Harters take, because it’s Manchester and he’s mentioned moving more to ALC, rather than the general tenor of the review.

1 Like

Sorry I misunderstood. Perhaps if you were interested in hearing from @Harters and only @Harters you could have just sent him a PM?

2 Likes

Out of my league for sure, but the food does look good. I’d go on someone else’s dime.

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

(post deleted by author)

I’ve literally just read the review. Not for me, thanks. I’ve never taken to Japanese food and Grace’s comments on the vibe marks it out as a “young persons place”. Which I am deffo not.

So, what with places like this opening up, as well as the raved about new small plates restaurants, the Rainy City seems to be doing very well just now. Just not attracting me so I suppose I’ll be stickign with my old favourites, till fashions change again.

7 Likes

We’re old. Loud music sends me straight out the door–if I do not want to converse with my companions may as well go to a theater.

4 Likes