Munchery offering ready to cook Slanted Door meals

I have not tried before but have heard some meh comments about Munchery meals. This new read-to-cook offering from Charles Phan’s Slanted Door is interesting though. Its said only 15 minutes of prep is required. The question is, will it be as good as the original?

My guess is that they are trying to compete with the new-ish service called Din, which partners with lots of very good restaurants for the same service. http://ww2.kqed.org/bayareabites/2015/05/28/din-promises-restaurant-quality-dishes-at-home-in-20-minutes/

TSD was selling cook-at-home Shaking Beef kits at the Ferry Building a few years ago. Did they ever stop doing it, and if not, what premium are you paying for delivery?

Just found a blog mention of it. It was $19.95 for two back in 2007.

I have not tried before but have heard some meh comments about Munchery meals.

In my experience, the quality of Munchery various by the chef. Just like a set of restaurants on a street, you can’t paint all the restaurants with one brush. Personally, I generally haven’t gone wrong with dishes from chef Steven Levine (which munchery tells me was the former executive chef of a restaurant called Cosmopolitan).

Thanks for the tip about the Slanted Door meals, by the way. Although I am a munchery user, I hadn’t noticed this news.