Moving to Westchester! Please hit me with your favorites!

I don’t feel the restaurant should be assessed by two appetizers.

I’m always happy with their rajma, chorchore, daal chana, daal masala, aloo bhindi, and even their mutter paneer. Their samosas, both chicken and vegetarian, are consistently good. The vegetable chop, which is kind of overpriced, is also quite tasty.

Though I am not of Indian descent, my community is home to many Indian expats, all of whom had nothing but positive things to say about Calcutta Wrap and Roll.

We do enjoy Ambadi as well.

Edited to add that you should try to join us this Saturday for the HOdown at Aberdeen. I think your presence would make for an even livelier discussion.

First off, I’m not assessing the restaurant by appetizers.

The kati roll may be one, but the Paneer Tikka/Makhani is not a roll. It’s a veg entree. Tasted it about 10 times to make sure my view about this place was consistent, and it was.

I had their chole one time too, and it was raw chickpeas with a tomato base sauce that lacked true flavor.

If there is one particular item good on their menu, then that might be the case.

Trust me, I’ve heard reviews myself of Indians around the area who also say that if Calcutta worked hard with the quality and spices to bring authenticity, it would have more business.

Where is this HOdown? I’ve never heard of this conference. Sounds interesting. Please advise!

It will be this Saturday, 6/10, at Aberdeen in White Plains. I’m sorry to be speaking for those who are organizing it, so I hope they will excuse me, but I’m sure you and any other new contributors would be welcomed with open arms.

1 Like

As one of the organizers, I can assure you that you will be welcome indeed! Unfortunately I can’t be there myself, but @ieatalotoficecream is going to be in attendance and is handling the head count, etc. Send her a message or post on the HODown thread if you would like to join!

Yes, you certainly are!! The more the merrier. Please just let us know for the reservation.

I would love to come, but I have 2 graduation parties on Saturday. Hopefully I’ll be able to make the next one!

2 Likes