Most Annoying Restaurant Features

I think it works okay for a place that caters to a young crowd with good eyesight , and a limited menu, especially if most patrons know what to expect.

My problem has been when I want to see multiple items at the same time when making choices, especially if I want things to sort of go together, and I can’t keep it all in my head.

I also don’t want to “work” when I am eating out for the service. Looking at your phone is not so much work, but digging for glasses, taking a picture, maybe downloading something and having to figure out where it was downloaded to, maybe more than once, and maybe helping someone else or sharing a device doesn’t contribute to a relaxing experience for me.

8 Likes

And back in the old country, they called it “night soil”. Not for me, thanks!

mayo in everything
a sweet element on everything

1 Like

She’s such a PITA :wink:

1 Like

I went to lunch with some friends and the place had QCR menus. As we all (50+) squinted at our small screens, we gave up and asked for the printed menus. And a I mentioned above, I just find printed menus easier at spots where there will be multiple rounds of small plates and\or drinks.

5 Likes

:astonished:
At first I thought you meant there were 50 plus people with you!

3 Likes

Bad phrasing on my part . . . another unfortunate side effect of aging?

4 Likes

I have a microsuede/microfiber sofa and recliner chair in my living room, and a microsuede/microfiber partial couch/sofa bed in my 2nd BR for guests. They’ve helped immensely to avoid the shredding of the arms of the furniture.

4 Likes

mutts

4 Likes

Yeah, where’s the “hospitality” in this hospitality industry. I get paid to do IT related stuff; when I go out I want an oasis, not a punishment.

2 Likes

Yeah, that too.

1 Like

Yes, I find it makes the choices more enjoyable if I can glance back and forth in the choosing. I’m much closer to imagining flavors from a real menu. This is one of the dirty little secrets of French bistros and bouchons–the chalkboard that’s placed tableside. On my phone, it’s like ordering on eBay.

4 Likes

Only the ones with MArch degrees?

1 Like

Thank you, meo-mom🐈

1 Like

that’s too small to read… presbyopia, y’know!

Sometimes you just know from the headline that… this is gonna be one helluva fun thread to read.

And it is!

3 Likes

Sorry I’ll see if I can enlarge it tomorrow. Right now the Eagles are marching and I have to get back to it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Eagles Marching. (?)

I guess that’s biggern “Ants Marching”.

Well I was going to say the Eagles were soaring, but that would be a bit of an overstatement. Sooner or later they’re going to have to beat Andy :sweat_smile:

1 Like

When a restaurant clearly offers two different ingredients, but won’t combine the two.

For example, I like to get eggplant and shrimp on pizza, but some places don’t want to do it – even when they offer (as an example) shrimp fra diavolo and eggplant parmiggiano.

Look, you get to charge me more for adding shrimp, plus you’ll probably only throw two or three on the pie anyway. What gives?

Then there were the random restaurants in China that wouldn’t prepare certain dishes for me because they simply said the two ingredients wouldn’t go well together. Let my veteran taste buds and wallet make the decision, not the chef.

n.b. on a subsequent visit to China, my Shenzhen hotel had an intriguing slice of literature in the desk drawer. Basically, the book concerned traditional Chinese medicine, and the “nature” of food (i.e. hot, cold, and neutral).