Morton's Steakhouse, White Plains to move into City Center...

Morton’s Steakhouse is planning to move the restaurant into the former Legal Seafood space in the City Center complex along Mamaroneck Ave., White Plains. They had been doing business alongside The Cheesecake Factory and Whole Foods for a number of years now. A change of ownership is underway at that location…

As far as I’m concerned, they can shut down altogether. I’m so not a fan of Morton’s. I find their meats are not all that tasty and I can’t stand the way they bring over the plastic wrapped raw meat to explain what they have. That said, the City Center may be a better location as it’s a more active mall.

Don’t want to get into that old ‘who has the best steak or chop’ debate, but I used to visit the Maple Ave. location from time to time for their reasonably priced Happy Hours: beers, $5.50; a stack of parmesan truffle matchstick fries, $8; or those tasty mini-crab cake BLT’s, short rib steak tacos, prime cheeseburger sliders, and petite filet mignon sandwiches, each for $9. Great snackin’…
I do hope they keep that going at their new location.

The sign appears on the windows at City Center, White Plains. Morton’s is finally moving in. As I have mentioned before, I hope they resume their Happy Hours…

Morton’s has reopened along Mamaroneck Ave. in City Center. Took advantage of their Happy Hours early last night. The Petite Filet Mignon Sandwich and Truffle Matchstick Fries were very good.
Should be interesting to watch the dynamic between Morton’s and BLT across the street on Main…

Was doing White Plains yesterday so I stopped by Morton’s ‘power hour’ once again. Glad I did. After an extended stay in Maine I was in the mood for some beef. Opted for a couple of my favorites along with an order of their Filet Mignon Trio, each portion served with its own sauce: au poivre, béarnaise and blue cheese butter. Quite tender and tasty! Couple of beers to wash it down. Friendly staff…