More Chowhound Shenanigans

You are all correct.

I got it mixed up. Flickr was owned by Yahoo. Flickr lost many users when Yahoo bought it and nearly ruined it.

2 Likes

Is that before or after Georges (eye roll) redesigned (Flickr) the site!
EDIT: looks like heā€™s out at CBS Interactive, wait I could be wrong, itā€™s
entirely possible he is ruining, I mean running the entire universe at the moment

2 Likes

I just posted on CH. Twice. I hadnā€™t visited in months or posted in a couple of years. All this talk got me curious so I went to the Houston board. There is an uptick in activity since the crash, but nothing major.

Thereā€™s a guy looking for blue crabmeat less than 8 ounces so I steered him to H Mart and suggested he cook his own. Another was Galveston Bay seafood restaurants. Iā€™m a sucker for Houston area seafood topics.

Forgot my new password three days ago - have been completely unable to reset it. Error message after error message, emailed the mods and got no response. So here I am among the few who still is willing to deal with CH and Iā€™m getting shut out! Shit! not even the bragging rights of being banned.

1 Like

They reset my password a couple of months ago, out of nowhere. I found it weird, but at least I was still able to log in since then.

Well, 12th or 13th times the charm, it would seem. Iā€™m back in but still never got any reply from the site to my email. Whatever. So glad weā€™ve got HO.

Iā€™ve got to say, at this point I think itā€™s time to put this thread to rest.
The posts seem to serve no purpose now other than to get
our attention back there. If the thread was titled ā€œfor those of us
who still post regularly on CHā€,I would not giveit another thought.
Just my humble opinion.

1 Like

So I did a drive by this morning and someone was asking about restaurants in Ogunquit. I posted a link to my post here. Weā€™ll see!

Note to all: no need to there, itā€™s gone. Well, of course. They and their ā€œfansā€ (?) read here, too.

my link is gone? already?

So I go to CH fairly often to see what I can see and find new peeps for here. Last time I had to change my password and then I couldnā€™t log in anymore. So I try the forgot my password thing and reset it and I keep getting an error. And no way to get help. So, I guess itā€™s bye bye!

The way to get help is to send an email to moderators@chowhound.com.

Thanks!

Youā€™re welcome!

Same thing happened to me last night. Had to sign in and it wouldnā€™t accept my usual ID + Password AND wouldnā€™t let me change the password to a new one. :rage::rage: am I just lucky or are they doing something weird?

Apparently there is now a rule on passwords. They donā€™t actually tell you this. I found out when I emailed. It worked.

• Six characters minimum from at least 3 of the following categories: uppercase letter, lowercase letter, number, special character (0123456789!"#$%&ā€™()*+,-./:;<=>?@[]^_` {|}~)
    ā€” No spaces
1 Like

And they donā€™t tell you becauseā€¦ ??? Thatā€™s just idiotic!!

Thanks. Iā€™ll give it a try.

1 Like

Yep, there is nothing to tell you what they want in a password. If I had not emailed I would still be locked out. One example of why we all left?

2 Likes

Except that they do. Look, I donā€™t mind being the Chowhound whisperer here, but itā€™s not that hard to search for this information, if you actually want to find it.

2 Likes

My take on this is- if the site reset a userā€™s password, they should tell the user there what the new password requirement is instead of having the user go look for it. If the password reset page doesnā€™t tell the user this, then the product manager dropped the ball (if they have a product manager still).

5 Likes