More Chowhound Shenanigans

Yes, a friend of mine worked with him at the beginnings of the food network and that was what she thought too. I just think he’s mellowed.

The changes in Chowhound since the new regime of vipgeorges and his redesign of last year are truly sad to see. Traffic is non-existent (by traffic I mean posts on boards, not clicks on crap) and the quality of user-generated content - posts - has declined at least on the “boards” I frequent. You either have shallow posts from low-information posters, one-time queries which read suspiciously like they are generated by the CBS team, or supercilious “experts”, none of which make for a readable community. It is hard to believe that the current result is what was intended by CBS. I guess the days of vibrant user forums are in the past, ruined by google analytics.

Not so fast…we now have Hungry Onion for our future! When one door closes another opens!!

5 Likes

If you start singing “Climb Every Mountain” like the Mother Abbess in “Sound of Music,” I’m outta here. :grinning:

3 Likes

What’s that about vibrating forms?

Somebody put the washer on spin cycle again?

Better keep the nuns out of there…

If I start singing and dancing YOU are my dance partner!

1 Like

Well! That is dancing with the stars.

2 Likes

Oh geez. Then you’re going to get an Elaine.

3 Likes

Ok so maybe this:

But still really annoying…

1 Like

Aunt Bee would have whipped little Bobby into a respectful Chef Gallant
Instead of Celebrity Chef Goofus.

3 Likes

Now there’s a show I’d pay to watch.

Bring on Aunt Bee and have her give Howdy Booby a “celebrity challenge” with a can of whup@$$.

That works!

1 Like

Hey can anybody figure out what Opie has on his plate?

Some Southern specialty like fried chitterlings and eggs?

no personal attack please.

Kind of looks like a bowl of corn flakes to me. Given the time period I doubt they would have shown chitterlings - it was considered a poor peoples food in that time - not something Aunt Bea would have prepared. They usually look like soggy deflated pastry dumplings.

2 Likes

I thought the same thing.

pretty sure david was referring to the dorks who responded on the CH post, not here. (I had to read it a couple of times, because that was my first reaction, too)

and yeah, those are cornflakes – there’s a whole list of socio-economic-political-skin color issues that would explain why those wouldn’t have been chitlins when that show was filmed.

(not to mention that chitlins aren’t that color…)

2 Likes

Well, to be honest, there are a few posters who have basically taken over HO and make it unappealing to others to provide content. Too many times a topic gets sidetracked, and it is never fixed. Several posters are sarcastic, snide, nasty, or just jerks. Others have to post on or about everything, even on topics they are obviously clueless about. And some have proved by their posts that they have such completely different tastes than I, that as soon as I see their name I move on without bothering to waste my time reading or posting.

HO does not successfully fill my needs due to lack of moderation and control, or lack of a clear vision of what it is.

2 Likes

Well, you make some points that I do agree with. But I still like this site and want it to thrive.

2 Likes

You are hitting on it, Harters. By and large, what I see on this ongoing thread are people letting off steam. People huddling, commiserating and plotting. It is possible to turn this around and do something positive: move on and start posting again…
The more outlets for good culinary discussion, the better.