More Chowhound Shenanigans

It’s a vast right wing conspiracy!

2 Likes

How’s this for a slogan

Hungry Onion- we are not North Korea!

7 Likes

I’m sure the response would be “Because it doesn’t add anything to the topic.” They’re so paranoid, I wouldn’t be surprised if they read this thread and poof anything/anyone who doesn’t “add to the topic” over there.

1 Like

Maybe they already did. There are no replies now to the original post.

1 Like

delete

Of course. What are you going to do with your board?

1 Like

That was me. I said that the thread was probably posted by the same person that wanted to cook chicken breasts in a stainless steel pan on a hot plate and nothing else.

Every suggestion he got, he responded with a reason for why he couldn’t do that. I guess pointing out that both threads seemed fake meant my comment was "unfriendly " and so was deleted, and the thread was locked.

4 Likes

Well… I do think there is a rather high percentage of relatively simplistic (to be kind) posting since the heart of the user base has been replaced by the new intended audience routed more through social media. Or maybe it just seems that way due to reduced overall numbers.

1 Like

I gotta say, that thread is fucking hysterical. I think this might be leading me to a new secret hobby…

6 Likes

Baaahaaahaahhhhh!!! Yeah, I read Bookwich’s thread, and halfway through, I would have wanted to slap the troll.

3 Likes

they are all pretty thick too.

I thought the last line of the initial question may have contained a clue…was he indicating he thought the replies would come from pretty “thick” people?

• Assume “thick” means the same in the Us as UK i.e. stupid as in the old expression: “strong in arm, thick in head”

Sweet baby jeebus. Dude takes trolling to a new level. You don’t have a countertop? A 2-dollar roll of tin foil is going to break you?

Yeesh.

Wow, in the old days you would have been outright banned for your “negative behavior.” I guess they can’t afford to lose any more posters.

1 Like

Is that chicken thread real? Lol. I can’t fathom how that “jamie” functions in life if that is indeed a real person being serious.

2 Likes

I kind of thought that one (the one with Jamie and his chicken breasts) was real. I have had (still have!) friends with these kinds of anxiety disorders and the internet is an even worse rabbit hole for them than it is for the rest of us. I almost posted in that one that he needed to GET THE FUCK OFF THE COMPUTER since the whole discussion was clearly making him even crazier - all those “yes, but” responses from him that seemed like his mind just racing around in circles - but I thought that might make everything worse since people were already clearly annoyed and wondering if he were a troll.

2 Likes

Don’t the chowhound mods use that stuff to make hats?

You could get banned for wasting neuro-protective resources.

2 Likes

ha ha

That also explains why so many of the new threads by new posters are things like:

The guy who’s starting his own food blog and just openly asking for help with the recipes he’s going to put over there. One for hot chocolate, one for miso in bean soup, one about what to use for his profile picture.

The guy who was asking everyone to give him a list of the best pizza places in NYC - because he was going to turn it into an app! (that one DID get taken down).

Students who apparently lack library cards:

The sad thing is that all these ludicrous queries that don’t deserve anything but an FU get multiple answers, just cause there is so little activity on CH.

2 Likes

Wow - so many folk still looking at CH. Thought it might just be me.

But I do only look at their UK on the offchance that someone posts something that isnt about London.

Oh, yes. I do keep an eye on “Not about Food” for the tipping questions. I do so love contributing to them and winding up Americans. 'Tis such great fun.

You may correctly deduce from the above that I have a sad little life these days.

3 Likes

I think I’ll just let you hang out there on that.

1 Like