More Chowhound Shenanigans

I always thought Melanie owed her loyalty to certain staff at CH. Maybe San Francisco friends.

Ask her. I would hate to see this board devolve into gossip about people who choose to post on Chowhound.

8 Likes

Donā€™t look at me :slight_smile:

Looks like things are moving in that direction, which I think is very unfortunate.

I do both. And ā€œstayed loyal to CHā€? Seriously? Are we supposed to take sides, now?

10 Likes

Ask her yourself. I donā€™t want to pry. Melanieā€™s always been civil to me. Knowledgeable yet approachable.

2 Likes

At least as far as the two ā€˜just nowā€™ references here, I donā€™t see ā€œdevolvingā€ at all. Curiosity was my only thought.

I know some post on two or more sites. I donā€™t really see why but Iā€™m old with a limited amount of patience :slight_smile:

Hi, small:

Actually, a lot of folks have chosen sides. Some exclusively. Melanieā€™s one. Just a fact, no judgment.

I still have a toe in the water over there, but I have a lot more fun here.

Aloha,
Kaleo

1 Like

Only on one of the ā€œsidesā€ - this one. I have yet to see anyone on Chowhound trying to drive a wedge between that site and Hungry Onion in the way that you are. Thereā€™s room for both.

1 Like

.[quote=ā€œcatholiver, post:10, topic:4321ā€]
I know some post on two or more sites. I donā€™t really see why
[/quote]

In my case, itā€™s because there are many more Manhattan-centric posts on Chowhound - still - than there are here.

1 Like

The wedge to which you refer was driven by CH itself, methinks. Iā€™m but an observer. I observe, for instance, that Sampson listens and tries. CH management just blows smoke up dresses.

And there is a class of Hound that is immune to HO, just as there are Onions who will never return to CH. Thatā€™s all I meant by choosing sides.

1 Like

I clicked on last night just for fun . A reply to Bill Hunt ( I wish he was on Ho ) nine year old post about Root Beer and got a recent reply . I have a old reply to me about pissing off a server . I canā€™t reply at all . So does the CH crew explain to the new poster why the OP canā€™t reply ?

Are you saying that Bill replied? Well, good to know heā€™s around. Over the year and a half Iā€™ve been BFLd Iā€™ve had questions asked of me. Nothing happens. No different than if someone just didnā€™t reply.

No Bill did not reply . Just a new sign up from CH expecting a reply from B.H. Itā€™s just a bad product for CH to keep on these whatever the ā€¦

Sister, please. Observers donā€™t use language like ā€œcarrying their waterā€ or ā€œNorth Korean-style snitching protocolā€ or ā€œThe King Is Dead.ā€ You do know that your prior posts are still up, right?

1 Like

Sure we do.

I was thinking about that. The banana board was a hoot. I was going to see if it was there but I never got around to it.

Allow me, please, to choose sidesā€¦ I will have oven roasted asparagus, roasted sweet potatoes, fried apples, honey glazed carrots, the Wild Arugula with lemons from Marea, and Pommes Aligot from Minetta Tavern.

9 Likes

Excellent choices!

I just saw this post there and had to share. Really? You donā€™t know what to do with leftover garlic? BTW - what is LEFTOVER garlic?

1 Like

Itā€™s garlic you chopped and didnā€™t end up needing. Also, leftover parsley is parsley you chopped and didnā€™t end up needing, in case that was your next question.