MONTREAL...4 nights...should I avoidi weekends?

once you are two weeks from your departure date you should call about the passport and get a personal appointment. You can also track, to some degree, on line, if you havent already, info here. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/need-passport/status.html I sent in my passport for “expedited renewal” in July via priority mail, state ddept did not acknowlege receipt of it til Mid September, time of processing once they "receive is I believe 7-9 weeks currently. Good luck! My trip is on Nov 24th and I am biting my nails given the process to date.

“I can walk longer andn partner is fine being holed up in a comfy room while I explore.”

Jen, many thanks for that relatively discouraging news!!! I recall that they asked when I would take my next international trip and at that time I had not thought about Montreal, so I think I was truthful in that my next planned trip was for March, to Spain…I will do as you suggest, but dealing with those .gov websites is usually frustrating for me…need to buckle down and give it a shot!!

Yes, but also lots of us did. (Do you “follow” the NYC board?)

We were in Montreal a couple of weeks ago and had a fantastic meal at Auberge St. Gabriel. As far as getting around, we took a lot of Ubers. They came within minutes even though it was raining the whole weekend. Drivers were all nice and price was very reasonable.

1 Like

Same. I’ve been 3 times, the first two were excellent the third was a bit disappointing, no reason for me to go back. Can be a bit gimmicky(duck in a can) but if one has never been, I’ll always recommend it.