Monday night burger [Somerville, MA]

We seriously needed to get out of the house on Monday Night. LaBrasa is a beloved spot we frequented pre-Pandemic. Turns out Monday is 1/2 price LaBrasa Burger Night. A wood-fired burger with jalapeño aioli, bacon, cheese, onion, lettuce (butter/boston/bibb) and tomato on a sesame seed bun with the best fries - no grease, rosemary dusted - not a fry person, I ate them all. Skipped the apps (wood-grilled oysters $2 each) went with dessert- flan that never disappoints and coffee, no caffeine issues any time of the day for me. Mr. Sciacca was thrilled to enjoy a Long Trail Double Bag. Apart from the food - the vibe was relaxed and Eddie, our server, was perfect. https://www.labrasasomerville.com

10 Likes

Great find. My family loves a good burger and I love a good deal. We’ll check this out.

While I like bacon as much as anyone, I don’t prefer bacon on my burger. I’m not sure why. Maybe it overpowers the other flavors too much? I always have felt like this was a strange preference on my party, but it is what it is.

2 Likes

Ditto on the bacon. My preference: extra onion and sautéed mushrooms. Surpisingly for me I used the aioli with the fries.

2 Likes

Sounds wonderful, thanks for the intel!

1 Like

Just wanted to add that pre-pandemic, when I still worked by Hood Park, we had a team dinner there one night and had a great time at LaBrasa. Great vibe indeed, menu had something for everyone, and the staff was very accommodating to our large group that stayed for a long time.

3 Likes