Miller's Ale House, [Parsippany] [Ocean] multiple locations

So checked out this place called Miller’s Ale House yesterday - it’s your typical sports bar type chain. But man the prices at this place are INSANE. A 20oz guinness is 6 bucks. Almost all 16 oz drafts are 6, and I’m talking about craft beers. You can get 23 oz pours of some beers for 8 bucks. Single pours of common liquors is 5-6, a double pour is 8-9 I think. And there are tons of daily food specials. Yesterday we ate all this and 6 beers for 115+tip.

Now granted the steak has that slight “chain steak” flavor to it, like it was injected or marinated with that chain secret sauce, but it was super tender and perfectly fine. The ribs weren’t the best I’ve had but the full rack was under 20! And the nachos, that was definitely the highlight, one of the best nachos out there in my opinion.

For Monmouth folks, there is a location in Ocean. If you’re ever in the mood for some nachos and drink, this is one of the best options out there.

5 Likes

For s and giggles I went to their website to see if the prices were the same at the Ocean location (on Rt 35 in the ‘strip’ with the new Wawa and Turning Point), but it’s one of those sites that doesn’t list any prices and even when I tried to start a pickup order, it wouldn’t show me anything unless I signed up for an account (um, NO). The drink prices alone may get me/some friends there, though - thanks for the heads-up, @joonjoon !

I’m on call to drive my friend to the surgi-center up the street. Maybe I’ll try to stop in (tho it will require about 3 jug-handles)

1 Like

We have been to the Ocean location a couple of times. They initially had severe service problems, which may have been cured by now. All the food we had was really mediocre. For example, the french fries were lovely to look at, but were actually a 5/10. This seemed to be their theme … appearance above everything.

We have no intention of going back.

2 Likes

The food (with the exception of the nachos) was definitely nothing to write home about, I hope I made that clear in my post, I wasn’t trying to oversell the place. But if this place had nothing but nachos and drinks on the menu I would still go again! I’m hoping to try their wings, they have a dozen for 12 bucks on Wednesdays. Oh, that reminds me @MsBean I thought of you when I saw this - you actually see this kind of thing pretty often - their Wednesday wing special is 11.99 for a dozen and 23.99 for 2 dozen. You save a penny when you get 2 orders of the dozen! Why do companies do this?? XD

1 Like

There are so many restaurants with no prices on their web site. It’s a pet peeve of mine for sure!!

2 Likes

I’ve been to the Paramus location several times. Not a place I’d go out of my way for, but I never had any complaints. I always thought the name Miller’s Ale House was odd, as the name is associated with a well known beer brand. Similarly, BJ’s Brewhouse (see my assessment of Miller’s to know what I think of it.) I think of BJ’s wholesale.

1 Like

BJ’s Brewhouse

I thought of something very different

Setting everything else aside there is literally no other place I know of that is serving cheaper drinks than this place. I think that alone is worth the price of entry!

1 Like

Came back for the prime rib. 16 oz for 22.99 seems hard to beat!

The good: price

The bad: came out cold. They fixed that no problem. But damn this is the saltiest piece of meat I can remember having. It’s so salty I’m thinking it must be a mistake. I’m willing to give the prime rib 1 more chance. But it’s definitely not an upper tier prime rib.

Beer prices are still excellent. Talked to the manager he was very nice and asked what I wanted, just asked for a comped beer.

4 Likes