Mian’splained: An Illustrated Guide to Chinese Noodles, Part Two

I came across this guide to Chinese noodles linked on @Souperman’s Full Noodle Frontity Page on Facebook

Very interesting and enlightening, quite a few Chinese noodle dishes that I wasn’t aware of.

Also part one here:

2 Likes

Great! Thanks for posting these links.

I enjoyed eating noodle dishes, and especially noodle soups in my travels in China. The muslim noodle shops always made hand-pulled noodles to order and it’s fun to watch. Being a fan of noodles I always made a point to eat noodle soups wherever I went in China.

In Taiwan I ate a type of noodle soup (twice, unknowingly) and didn’t like it. Had never had it anywhere else. The broth is a thick jelly-like mass. I have a strong aversion to slimy texture so it was hard to deal with it.

Now I want to go through my travel photos to look at noodle soups and noodle dishes! :chopsticks: :bowl_with_spoon:

2 Likes

Very handy guide, thanks for forwarding!

I wish I actually had this during a month that I had to travel to TaiWan for family business. I did find this, about various different bing, which I also found helpful: https://www.thatsmags.com/shanghai/post/31593/all-the-bings-a-guide-to-china-s-favorite-street-food