Mexican sit down (NJ)

Hi. I know there are multiple threads on Mexican restaurants in Nj. I’m looking for something a bit “nicer” with good service somewhere between freehold and Matawam Aberdeen.
Thoughts?

2 Likes

Barrio Costero in Asbury Park

While Barrio Costero may be a good Mexican restaurant (we’ve never been there), Asbury Park does not fit @rikk’s geographic specifications.

@rikk My suggestion would be Tio Taco & Tequila Bar, in Marlboro. We go there regularly during warm weather months and sit in the outdoor area. Well-prepared, tasty food; extensive drinks menu; and attentive, friendly service. The interior is spacious with attractive decor and a long bar. (We go inside very briefly to check in.)

Hi. Thanks for both of these. Asbury isn’t too far out of scope. So thanks for that too
We used to go to el meson in freehold, but they seem to have gone down in the past few years?

Juanitos in Red Bank?? I haven’t been in years, but it is Mexican and it is sit down.

http://juanitosredbank.com/menu.html

Thanks!
anyone know anything about Mexitacos in Matawan?

We went to this spot over the weekend. I’ve never heard of it but it’s across the street from triumph and the theater in red bank. Took a little while but everything was fresh and beautifully presented. Friendly service. Not knock your socks off but tasty and fun. BYOB

1 Like