Mc'Son-Of-A-B*tch.........NJ

Pineapple is whats been missing all along.

3 Likes

Pineapple is certainly fine on pork products in general and maybe on a McRib. Pineapple does not belong on pizza. I will not be allowed back in NY if I put (or ate) pineapple on a pizza.

2 Likes

ordered takeout from Vals coming home from beach not too long ago. Ordered a pie to go with pepperoni. Didn’t open it till we were home- gave us pineapple. I wasn’t furious. Like how in the world does anyone default to pineapple? Also- maybe ask first as nobody would EVER order that in our neck of the woods…

1 Like

I thought it was illegal…?

4 Likes

Pineapple Pizza Nation arouses from their slumber…

it ought to be…

2 Likes

15 yards, taunting:

2 Likes

No pineapple on pizza! I’ll trade you a Mcrib for a filet o’ fish though.

1 Like

I once had pineapple on pizza at a business cocktail party at a “trendy” place in San Francisco.

It had some kind of Mexican white cheese, shredded grilled pork, onions, cilantro and small chunks of pineapple all drizzled with red and green salsas. They described it as pizza al pastor.

It was fantastic! But other than that…No.

2 Likes

In an attempt to bring these two ideas together . . . . .

Overarching question - how far can you deviate from something and it still be that thing . . . .

1. Can anything on flat bread be called pizza? If you put all the flavors of al pastor on flat bread . . . does that make it pizza?

2. Same with the McRib (which I haven’t had in decades and since there are none near me in Boston, looks like that trend will continue) . . . . but I remember when it first came out it had faux looking bone sections with meatier rib sections - is that still true? Is it even rib meat (McD’s has a history of that type of thing)? So if you make non-ribs look like ribs . . . can we now call them ribs?

it gets deep quick :wink:

3 Likes

People eat all kinds of things in California. I’ve lived there twice and traveled there often. Some good food and some really strange ideas sold at high prices. Pineapple on pizza is simply not pizza.

Which brings to mind the (Texan) Sheldon Cooper character on The Big Bang Theory when faced with chili that included beans: “This is good, whatever it is.”

I think pineapple on pizza is illustrative. You may like it. I think it is an abomination. Regardless, it isn’t pizza anymore.

The question is where the line is drawn. Historically ragu alla bolognese had no tomatoes. Tomato was not introduced to Italy until the mid sixteenth century. Today “authentic” bolognese has some but not much tomato. Is it still bolognese? I think it is but arguably not. Lasagna is much the same. Ricotta or bechamel? Both are authentic; there are simply regional, local, and house-to-house differences. Is one authentic and the other not? Is one not lasagna? I would argue that both are authentic and both are lasagna, although I personally find the bechamel version to be runny and less flavorful. YMMV.

If I serve you corned beef, sauerkraut, swiss cheese, and a ramekin of dressing with rye bread toast points is it a deconstructed Reuben sandwich or something else?

Vocabulary, as part of language, is all we have to communicate and abusing vocabulary gets in the way of communication. On the other hand things change. If I add diced onions, sweated, to my bechamel sauce is it still bechamel? What is really the difference between ratatouille and confit byaldi? When does clarity become pretentious?

Most importantly, is ANYTHING you buy at McDonalds actually food? I’ve never had a McRib and honestly have no plans to. That doesn’t mean it isn’t a barbecued rib sandwich. It may be a bad barbecued rib sandwich and still be a barbecued rib sandwich. Which leads to the question: if you debone it is it still a rib?

1 Like

That actually sounds good. I’m guessing it did not have Classic tomato/pizza sauce as well?

It’s a little known fact Mc Donald’s has a laboratory / farm where they 3-D print boneless piglets. They are manufactured in the lab, then they are harvested every year for the annual return of the Mc’ Rib. Below are some spy photo’s I took while I toured the Top Secret Mc’ Rib factory on my trip to North Korea.

8 Likes

Ha - yeah that looks exactly as I remember them . . . wish Boston was carrying them . . .

No regular tomato sauce, just the red and green salsas added after coming out of the oven.

1 Like

yeah- that sounds legit- what I was given in error was regular pie with tomato sauce and pineapples dumped on top…awful

1 Like

Don’t listen to them dad, I’m glad to see you!!!

Mc%20Rib2

5 Likes

People have different theories, so what is yours? Why dont they have this on the menu full time?

I’m still waiting for the McShawarma.

3 Likes

Lol. 10 untold truths about the mcrib:

1 Like