McDonald's in General

Yes, it’s like baby food for adults.

The local gasngrab by me sells them for $1.70. I had one to check for posterity. Yup, same crap.

I don’t think anyone expects it to be real ribs.
They’re just popular in BBQ deprived locales where folks don’t know any better.

3 Likes

I’m with you. I had one last year (or the year before) when it was their supposed farewell tour - which we all know was bogus. Anyway, it was pretty much on par with what I remember middle school lunch at my public school was like. Pre-formed patty, overly sweet sauce that was messily smeared on a bun with a few sorry onion pieces thrown on. I didn’t get it.

2 Likes

Speaking of which, we stopped at McD’s on a road trip recently and I had McNuggets with a side of BBQ. The packet they gave me was labeled “Tangy BBQ” and it was really, really bad - weird, chemically, “off” flavors and a lot of acrid liquid smoke. The one redeeming quality was that it was not terribly sweet. It had been years since I had McD’s BBQ sauce but I don’t remember it being THIS horrible - however, I do remember it being sweeter. A new/“upgraded” product? Or just poor taste memory on my part?

1 Like

I don’t see it either, but I know enthusiasts that buy DOZENS of them, toss the bun thing and freeze what they don’t consume immediately. :dizzy_face:

1 Like

I don’t know why I find this shocking, but I do. A casserole from hell comes to mind :rofl: :nauseated_face:

1 Like

Oh, really?

What about these then …

Sad to say, but some folks don’t have access to, or don’t think about, preparing real ribs. I make Chinese-ish ribs in my oven; have done it for years. I don’t have a smoker -and I can’t - I’m in a condo. But I can still get the real stuff, or just do oven ribs. But ya gotta wanna. Folks will settle for less. Their loss.

OT story/confession: when my grandmother died, we were all gathered in Louisiana for the funeral. My cousin and I stayed at our grandmother’s house while the rest of the family went to the funeral home for the visitation. Someone stopped by the house with a rack of home-smoked ribs. My cousin and I ate them all before anyone else got home. Every.Last. One.

I’m so ashamed.

7 Likes

Wolfgang does babybacks with just an oven and broiler/grill. I’ve made them many times and they are among the best I’ve had.

No real need for an outdoor appliance.

Mine are always babybacks. My own recipe … sorry, Wolfgang.

You make a lot of assumptions with this post. I love McRib. It’s what it is and if you can’t appreciate it, don’t denigrate the taste of those who do. I have a weekend place where it’s outfitted with cooking gear that most people wouldn’t be able or want to spend that much on. I’ve got smokers and grills to make the most amazing ribs and brisket. I grew up down south and know what slow smoked bbq is all about. I’ve worked in major cities around the world and eaten in 3 stars restaurants in NY, Paris and London and more. McRib isn’t bbq and isn’t meant to be. If you don’t like it, fine. Hate it, I don’t really care. But don’t assume that because someone does like it that they’re somehow settling because they don’t know otherwise. That’s a slippery slope.

2 Likes

Wow. Misinterpret much?

1 Like

Go back and read what you wrote. That’s all I can do as I am not a mind reader. Only a word reader.

Seems pretty clear to me that you’re making a statement about people who don’t eat the “real stuff.”

1 Like

Huffy, you’re entitled … at least to your opinion. Done. I suggest you reread - I said I enjoyed them when they first came out. So enjoy yours.

I love their vanilla soft serve. But they seem to have done away with the strawberry sundae that I remember from my youth - vanilla soft serve with frozen strawberries and peanuts.

2 Likes

Had a couple of these. Hit the spot, for a buck and short change.

2 Likes

So not fair.

1 Like

Polish stores sell spam-like meat products, too.

1 Like

Mielonka!

Capture.PNG

3 Likes