May 2017 Home Cooking DOTM - ASPARAGUS

Absolutely fabulous . Bravo !!! :raised_hands:

Thanks, all. I still have at least a couple more things in the coming days! :writing_hand:

Asparagus panna cotta.

With Speck and eggs.

Gratin. Cream makes everything taste good :punch:

4 Likes

The last batch of asparagus I got, I wanted something different. So I checked the internet and came up with a Cooks Illustrated recipe for Asparagus grilled in Peanut Sauce. It was divine!

4 Likes

Was the asparagus brushed with sauce before grilling, after, or both?

No picture, but near the end of May I made asparagus steamed with ramps and black cod (sable).

I covered the bottom of a pan with a good soy sauce, a splash of rice vinegar and a splash of sesame oil. Added thin whiskers of ginger, ramps, the the top half of several asparagus spears and a touch of white pepper, and steamed covered till the spears were partially done. Then made a well in the vegetables, and added the fish, skin side up so the the bottom was in the sauce, and steamed covered again, till the fish was done (custardy, to my taste, just short of flaky).

Was it a dessert?

Was wondering that myself.

It’s seems like more of a savory dish to me, but I saw a recipe with a similar combination that is not

No, it contains no sugar. I just warm a big bunch of chopped up asparagus with the cream to obtain the taste. Then stabilise the cream with gelatin (leaves). The rhubarb also has no sugar.

1 Like

Supposed to be after you turned the grill off, but I put it on a minute or so before. It carmelized nicely :wink: