Mason Sandwich Co. Mill Road...Eastchester, NY

Maybe I was there on an off day but I was disappointed on my first visit to Mason. I ordered takeout. The fried chicken platter was not good at all - the crust was tasteless and worse the chicken was seriously undercooked (ugh!). The muffuletta sandwich was a few slices of meat and cheese and large pieces of vegetable gardenia not suitable for a sandwich and perhaps one piece of olive. No chopped olive salad like Central Grocery’s signature muffuletta. And I had to pay extra for the homemade potato chips. On a better note, the tomato soup was good and the daily agua fresca was thirst quenching and delicious. I have no desire to go back.

That pork sandwich looks utterly divine. Another place to put on our Westchester list!

I went back two times since my original visit, and was unimpressed after that first visit. I too, don’t need to go again.

I should more properly say that a friend brought over take out sandwiches from them, among many other places, while I was ill.

That’s great news! We were there last month and managed to find a meter but free is much better.

What did you order?

The fried chicken sandwich and shisito peppers. The sandwich was good, I was expecting the honey to be spicier than it was. The shisitos were good but the aioli didn’t have garlic or lemon flavor. I wanted to try the wings but decided to do the chicken sandwich since it looks so good. I was with my son who lives in Manhattan and has had the Fuku chicken sandwich (in fact had just had it a day or two earlier) and he said that Mason’s wasn’t as good.

Thx, you mean maple syrup not honey … right?
I want to try the cod on my next visit and
probably the beets… I always have to force myself not
to keep ordering the tuna…zucc too

Yeah, syrup, sorry.

lol…no need to apologize
I still haven’t tried it … I don’t think
it’s going anywhere so I have time to
order it.

I had a too quick bite with a friend tonight at Mason.
Too quick only because neither of us had a lot of time.

At 6 pm there were only two other tables in the place
there were people taking out and one woman was placing
a catering order…the village hall lot across the street had available
parking. I would really recommend going at this time…they are
still slammed for lunch pretty much every day.

I was slightly devastated to learn that the tuna is off the
menu … only temporary though thank goodness.

We shared the beets with goat cheese and hazelnuts and a side of
pickles to start. I had the crispy cod, my friend the quinoa salad.

There were two types of pickles in the order one sweet the other sour, both
were really delicious as usual. The beets were nicely balanced
for my personal tastes…just the right amount of astringency from the
vinegar with just enough sugar to balance it out … I often find beets to be too
sweet, not these. The goat cheese was creamy and tangy and excellent.
I only wish there had been a bit more…it was that good.

The beer - batter coating of the cod was a beautifully crisp shell that encased
flaky moist fish. The red cabbage slaw the tarter sauce and the buttered toasted
potato roll completed the sandwich and made this probably my favorite fish sandwich to date.
The boys warned me that this was a smallish sandwich compared to the others I’ve ordered.
The serving size was fine it packed enough punch… it was ridiculously good.

My friend had me try her quinoa salad … I will be back to have it soon it was really very delicious.
If I had known how good it was I may have actually eaten healthy.
I know I sound like a shill … I receive no special treatment… but man this food is good…I have not had one miss yet.
And I love these two guys and their mom, who are so nice and not full of themselves and passionate about what they do…
Every time I eat something here I say the same thing “this is my favorite thing I’ve ordered so far”

That looks great - were you actually able to bite that sandwich? Oh, those pickles. That’s my new obsession at the moment.

Yes … but if you can probably see in one of the pictures I cut it with a knife and fork.

I thought so!

Is it the size of a slider?

No… It is a standard size bun

Oh, cool. It looked tiny, like a parker house roll.

Primosprimos…they have a soft shell crab sandwich special this week.
I saw one come out of the kitchen, it was huge.

We passed right by there yesterday. Went instead to Burrata - my mission: to try all the drinks on their liquid menu - where hubby the yuppie again liked Pizza 2016. :confused:

I had the Senor Negroni, and it was very good.

Milano Mule is next.

1 Like

Are those potatoes? They look to thin for French Fries but they look really good.