Mark Wiens new Iran food videos: Street Food in Iran. Unseen Iranian Food + Market Tour in Rasht, Iran

Iranian Kebabs - Kebabs are probably the most well known Iranian food in all of Iran, and Rasht is known for their local style - especially sour kebabs - marinated in sour pomegranate paste. All the kebabs were delicious, but probably my favorite was the ultra rich and oily minced meat kebab that was then dunked into the melted lamb fat oil pan to soak up all the flavor. That’s what you want to be eating at 3 am in the morning.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Mark is the food travel professor. What an educational video.

Mark and his signature yummy face is always entertaining to watch. I’m just now getting through most of his Peru segments.

from youtube:

TABRIZ, IRAN - One of my favorite cities we visited during our trip to Iran, was Tabriz, located in Northern Iran. The food, people, culture, and ancient bazaar were all the highlights. In this video, we take you on a Iranian street food tour of the ancient bazaar of Tabriz. #Iran #Tabriz #streetfood Bazaar of Tabriz - A UNESCO World Heritage Site, and one of the oldest bazaars in the Middle East, it’s also one of the best preserved and most authentic. What was amazing to me is how it’s still in full functioning use, still used in much of the same exact way as its been used for hundreds of years. There are sections of the bazaar for everything - from spices and food, clothes and woodwork. But one of the most fascinating parts of the bazaar is the carpets bazaar, where you’ll find some of the best hand made Persian carpets in the world. Tabriz is known around the world for its exquisite carpet making. Tabriz Central Mosque - Bazaar of Tabriz - In addition to the amazing Iranian food, we also visited the Tabriz Central Mosque. Haj Ali Kebab - One of the most famous and best restaurants in Tabriz is Haj Ali Kebab, where you’ll find some of the best kebabs in Tabriz. The kebabs were so incredibly juicy, especially with Persian style butter rice, and some roasted tomatoes and sumac. It was a wonderful lunch within the ancient bazaar. Shazdeh Restaurant - Along with plenty of street food snacks, our final Iranian food meal at the bazaar was at Shazdeh Restaurant, and one dish you can’t miss are the kufta Tabrizi, one of the ultimate dishes of Tabriz. It was an amazing day, and a throwback in time, learning about and discovering the ancient bazaar of Tabriz, Iran! Thank you to Ghasr Setareh (https://www.instagram.com/ghasr_setareh/) for arranging our trip to Iran. Friends in the video: Mr. Taster: https://www.instagram.com/mr.taster/

14 Days of Travel in Iran: We then proceeded to travel in Iran for 14 days to many parts of the country. Most of these food tour videos of each location will be on my main channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/migratio…

1. RASHT 2. MASULEH 3. TABRIZ 4. SHIRAZ 5. ISFAHAN 6. CHABAHAR

from youtube:

BONAB, IRAN - Ask around in Iran where the best kebabs are, and a likely response you’ll get quite quickly is Bonab. Bonab is a city known throughout Iran for their kebabs. Located in Northern Iran, there was no way we were going to miss an opportunity of a lifetime to eat Bonab kebabs from their source. #Iran #IranianFood #kebabs #streetfood It was about a 2 hour drive from Tabriz, but it was well worth it. We jumped out of the van, and entered the Bonab market. Eventually we came to the meat section of the market. What’s unique about the Bonad meat market is that you can buy fresh meat, and then bring it to one of the kebab restaurants within the market, and they will immediately on spot make for you fresh kebabs. And in a country that lives of kebabs, Bonab kebabs are special. It’s one of the only places in Iran, where they hand chop your meat using swords, mix it with onions and seasonings, form the kebabs, and grill them, all in one little closet sized Iranian street food restaurant. What truly makes a difference is the hand sword chopped mince of the meat so its not too fine, but remains steaky. The kebabs were grilled fresh and hot and served dripping in their own fatty juices, and served with roasted tomatoes and chilies. The combination was heavenly, some of the best and most pure kebabs I’ve tasted anywhere in the world. The freshness speaks for itself, and again, the hand ground chopped texture makes all the difference.

1 Like

from youtube:

CHABAHAR, IRAN - For our final destination in Iran, we flew from Tehran to Chabahar, deep in the southern corner of Iran, near the border of Pakistan in a province called Baluchestan (Balochistan). We were treated to one of the most unique styles of bbq cooking I’ve ever seen, and the end product of the goat legs was astoundingly delicious! #Iran #Food #bbq Thank you to Salam Chabahar (https://www.instagram.com/salamchabahar/) and Dor Baluch (https://www.instagram.com/dor_baluch/) for hosting us and for so much hospitality in Chabahar, Iran. We had 3 full goats, which they chopped into pieces. The skewers were made from date palm frawns, strong and versatile, and they could hold up in the high heat of the fire. For the unique Balochi style of bbq, they first set up a fire in the desert using huge logs, and arranged the fire in rows. Next after preparing the meat, they and when the fire was ready, Chef stood each giant leg kebab upright in the sand with fire on either side. This allowed the fire to be hot, yet the heat was indirect, and it caramelized the fat and meat and melted it together. The end result of the goat was that it was crispy on the outside, yet juicy and fatty on the inside. Some of the best tasting goat I’ve ever had in my life. An amazing meal and incredible people to share it with. This is a day in Chabahar, Iran, that I will never forget!

1 Like

Just finished the kebob segment, really enjoyed it!

2 Likes

This video on Weins’s separate channel, “Mark Abroad,” is mostly a tour of the historic 400-year-old Abbasi Hotel in the landmark city of Isfahan. I include it here to add texture to his food tour of Isfahan and for the buffet breakfast in the early part of this video which includes the special omelette filled with date paste, walnuts and sesame seeds. Also notice the juicy persimmons which were picked from trees in the famous courtyard of the hotel.

1 Like

not Mark Wiens but Eva zu Beck
from YouTube:

Guardians of the celery, dangerous river crossings and handmade crafts… Welcome to a side of Iran I never knew existed! On this adventure, we got to visit the village of Khoye, with its beautiful handicrafts, before trekking for several hours to a very special spot in the mountains…

It’s Drew Binsky, not Mark Wiens, who is a YouTube travel vlogger who has been to every country in the world. He is with Iranian food vlogger, Mr. Taster, who also did a video with Mark Wiens.

from YouTube:

Allow me to introduce you to the incredible, festive, and delicious world of IRANIAN FOOD! I was invited on a special culinary tour of Tehran by Iran’s #1 foodie, Mr. Taster. Follow his YouTube channel here! https://youtube.com/user/TheMrtaster

Mr. Taster and I tried everything from sheep’s brains to thick savory soup to the classic Persian kebab. Who is ready to discover the best Iranian food in the world?!

1 Like

Watching those street food adventures always makes me feel like I’m right there, tasting everty flavor!

1 Like